Hop on to those snowmobiles! When Activision said Modern Warfare 2 would be so big it could match up against other franchise giants in the entertainment industry, they weren't kidding. It's gonna be so huge, the recent 15-second teaser trailer looks to be the tip - no, the top-most snowflake's tip, rather - of an iceberg.
As such, we've got more info for you guys to mull over this snowstorm of a game. These details come from the latest issue of Game Informer, where they've got a full 10-page feature on Modern Warfare 2. Here's just a quick summary of their coverage:
- The single-player campaign will be longer than Call of Duty 4.
- No co-op in story mode, but there will be co-op multiplayer for separate missions, kinda like the CoD4 Mile High Club.
- Gameplay in MW2 will be "open-ended" (you have an option to go for stealth tactics); but will still have a linear story despite what gameplay strategy you might use.
- They'll be implementing a live-patching system for online multiplayer. Bulk updates won't be necessary.
- Spawning issues (i.e. constant enemy spawning until you reach a certain marker in the map) from CoD4 have been taken into consideration and will be worked on for MW2.
- Snowmobiles are sure to be used as escape vehicles - but it's no certain yet if we actually get to drive them or shoot while riding.
Activision and Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC is to be released on November 10, 2009.
- Video: first Modern Warfare 2 in-game footage, "World Premiere" on May 24
- Modern Warfare 2 good enough to compete with entertainment industry, aims to be biggest-selling game of all time