PSN details for Zombie Apocalypse revealed
Yay! More zombie games! Thanks to Konami and Nihilistic, we're getting Zombie Apocalypse on the PSN next month! But before it launches, John Slavin has graciously given out some pertinent information about this zombiefest as well as screenshots. In full retro style.
Posting at the PlayStation Blog US, Slavin explained that they "wanted to strip off the woes of increasingly complex modern mega-games, and retreat back into the world of dank arcades and late-night movie rentals that was our childhood in the 80's and 90's." And so they decided on the production of this pure arcade shooter, with striking influences from Robotron: 2084 and Smash TV.
Here's the skinny and the features for Zombie Apocalpyse:
- Deadly Environments: get those best zombie locales as often seen in movies - graveyard with green gas-spewing crematorium, courtesy of "Return of the Living Dead"; lonely cabin in the middle of the woods; airports, junkyards, and more. In this game, the environment is your weapon. So get creative with your kills.
- Four Unlikely Heroes:
- Harlan Woods (heavily inspired by George Romero's "Night of the Living Dead")
- Natalie Flores (the tough but mentally unstable female lead; used to be a bartender)
- Ed Fragsen ( the lonely and broken security guard with nothing left to lose)
- Jimmy86 (the arcade rat-geek who's really a reflection of the designers themselves)
- Zombie-Killing Arsenal: flamethrowers, chainguns, dual smg's, shotguns, take your pick.
- Racking up the Score: score multiplier system plus bonuses
- 55 Days of Terror: 55 increasingly intense levels across seven unique environments in the game
Sounds like a treat all in all, yes? No date's been set yet for the release of Zombie Apocalypse on the PSN (although a Q2 window's been supposedly set), but at least us zombie game fans now have yet another thing to look forward to.