"Practically confirmed." This is what Capcom's Japanese Q&A Blog is saying about the matter of a sequel for their famed brawler Street Fighter IV (PS3, Xbox 360, PC). They even dropped several clues as to what the future updates for SFIV will have.
- A new character who is Gouken's daughter. She is "probably is as strong as Ryu, Ken or Akuma" and "maybe can do a one handed hadouken like his father can"
- Rolento is mentioned as a possible character
- Special intros (Gouken vs Ryu, for example) will probably be added in the next update or next version
- They want to add a 'diagram', a tier chart showing the results of each match-up. This was supposedly included with Street Fighter IV at some point during development to help balance the characters.
A survey was also mentioned, most likely to have a better feel of what the players will want in the next iteration, but there's no word as to this will only be for Japanese gamers or also for other territories.
- Street Fighter IV FightSticks back at Capcom Store
- Capcom on Street Fighter IV Wii "obviously possible"