Green Day coming around to Rock Band 2 tomorrow
They heard us crying loud... I can hear Billie Joe Armstrong singing "When I Come Around" while I'm typing this down. Growing up to the music of their Dookie album has that kind of effect. Anyway, as previously announced, Green Day is gonna make their July 7 schedule into Rock Band 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS2), for the Wii version at the very least. "When I Come Around" may not be in the first batch, but I'm still hoping that the Dookie album will have its day.
As it is, the three songs promised as the first batch would be 21 Guns, Know Your Enemy, and East Jesus Nowhere from their upcoming album, 21st Century Breakdown.
Accompanying Green Day would be 24 other songs from various artists including The Presidents of the United States of America, Slayer, and Marilyn Manson. Here's the list:
- The Presidents of the USA "Dune Buggy"
- The Presidents of the USA "Feather Pluckn"
- The Presidents of the USA "Ladybug"
- Behemoth "Conquer All"
- Black Dahlia Murder "What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse"
- Cannibal Corpse "Hammer Smashed Face"
- God Forbid "Empire of the Gun"
- Job for a Cowboy "Embedded"
- Marilyn Manson "Disposable Teens"
- Slayer "Black Magic"
- Whitechapel "This Is Exile"
- The Offspring "Self Esteem"
- Screaming Trees "Nearly Lost You"
- Static-X "Push It"
- Plain White T's "Natural Disaster"
- Hot Hot Heat "Bandages"
- Kasabian "Shoot the Runner"
- Sleater-Kinney "You're No Rock N' Roll Fun"
- The Stone Roses "Love Spreads"
- Against Me! "Stop!"
- Lamb of God "Laid to Rest"
- The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets "Shhh ."
- Jonathan Coulton "Skullcrusher Mountain"
- MC Frontalot "Livin' at the Corner of Dude Catastrophe"
- Crooked X "Gone"
The Wii version of Rock Band 2 will get "Hammer Smashed Face" from Cannibal Corpse, although exclusivity does not appear to be final. What's confirmed for the Wii version, however, is that the last four songs on the above list will come only at 100 Wii Points.
More Rock Band news: