We didn't see any announcements for new PS3 exclusives this week, but we did get more than enough updates for both upcoming and already-released PS3 titles -- Uncharted 2, LittleBigPlanet, God of War III, and Killzone 2, just to name a few. Sony CEO Howard Stringer and PSN main man Eric Lempel also took to the air (not literally) to say their piece on some of the pressing issues dogging the PS3 and the PlayStation Network. Heartbreak also reared its disappointing head this week as we finally heard back about the long-rumored Syphon Filter 5 listing at mo-cap studio PCB's site. Long story short, it was just a typo. Awww.
- Rumor: PS Cloud is a music service. Link
- Valve open to work with PS3 development. Link
- Relentless co-founder: Microsoft will have problems with the enormous PlayStation brand. Link
- Lempel: A hidden update on FW 2.80, the beautiful XMB, and an 'open offer' to Microsoft. Link
- Sony CEO dismisses Activision CEO's threats as "noise". Link
- Lempel: No more competition with Xbox Live, no competition at all with Apple. Link
- Console of choice for Evo: The PlayStation 3. Link
- Tretton: Fiscal 2008 was bad, but this year will be better. Link
- Demon's Souls coming October 6, pre-order goodies revealed. Link
- Kazunori Yamauchi talks Gran Turismo. Link
- PS3-PSP connectivity confirmed for Assassin's Creed 2. Link
- Syphon Filter 5 listing only a typo. Link
- Dev diary - WipEout HD Fury environment design. Link
- New Trine video for PSN, 'Coming Soon'. Link
- Killzone 2 Patch 1.28 dated and detailed, third DLC pack announced. Link
- God of War III devs concerned about game getting banned in Australia. Link
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves:
- PSN Japan gets Final Fantasy II, two other classics today. Link
- PSN EU - PlayStation Store Update 07/09. Link
- PSN US - PlayStation Store Update 07/09. Link
- Giant Gundam statue lands in Japanese PlayStation Home. Link
I still can't understand why Valve keeps flip-flopping about PS3 development. Gabe Newell already pretty much cursed the console out a while back, and then until now it's been a tug of war between "No" and "Maybe". I hope they make up their minds soon, hopefully before the next Half Life episode comes out.
Anyway, that was a rather hefty list compared to the usual crop. Hopefully the next seven days bring about just as many, if not more, updates for the PS3 blog. See you guys again in seven!