If you wrote a letter to Santa that you want a Ubisoft game for Christmas, then even jolly ol' Saint Nick won't be able to help you. Unfortunately for us, Santa's little helpers don't know crap about game development. Ubisoft has announced that four of their titles will not be making their scheduled margins, so maybe you'll have more spending money in the holidays.
New release margins:
- Splinter Cell: Conviction - Between January 1 and March 31, 2010
- Red Steel 2 - Same with Splinter Cell: Conviction
- I am Alive - Between April 1, 2010 and March 31, 2011
- Ghost Recon - Same with I am Alive
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot explained the delays through this statement:
We are disappointed that we have to postpone the release of several major games but we consider that this choice is the best one in the long-term interests of Ubisoft.
We already got the Conviction and Red Steel delays from a previous post, and it certainly looks like we won't be getting our hands on Ubi-goodness anytime soon. But if the titles aren't fit for release, better a longer wait than get some crapfest tomorrow morning over breakfast, yes?
More from Ubisoft:
- Assassin's Creed 2: White Edition now available for pre-orders
- Ubisoft: piracy hounds DS, reason why hey retreated from PSP, will launch anti-piracy tool this year