Blur (PC, Xbox 360 and PS3), Bizarre Creations' first title since severing ties with Microsoft, is a racer that features races ranging from the realistic to the more frantic and arcadey thanks to a variety of customization options and power-ups. If that sounds right up your alley, you might want to make sure you have some extra money this November.
Publisher Activision has yet to announce an official release date, but they have confirmed the game's November release window in a recent conference call. They also highlighted the different pre-order bonuses being offered by some retailers, all of which currently have the game pegged for a November 3 release. You can check out the pre-order list below.
- Exclusive Multiplayer Advantage Booster Kit. This GameStop exclusive Booster Kit gives you unparalleled multiplayer benefits:
- Unlock a heavy, off-road powerhouse - the Ford Bronco - in Multiplayer and shunt the competition into the next millennium!
- Survival Multiplayer Mode (Last Man Standing), a mode where survival and causing the most destruction wins the battle.
- Double Fans for the first ten multiplayer races increases your upgrades, power-ups and additional car abilities!
- More fans mean a sustained ability to earn cash to buy upgrades, power-up slots and cars.
- Double your cash during the first three single player races.
- More cash means faster access to better power-ups and cars in both SP and MP modes!
- Those who head into Best Buy and pick up Blur on day 1 will receive an exclusive access code to unlock the 600 horsepower Dodge Hennessey Viper early in multiplayer and be the envy of the racetrack.
- Be on the lookout for Best Buy to update their web site with Blur's day 1 purchase incentive information in the coming weeks.
- Video: a vision of Blur, and all about the powerups
- New Blur details - racing strategy, recovery systems