GamesCom is coming up later this month, so maybe that's why the news has been drying up a bit these past few days. It's still a bit too far away for it to be the real cause though. Nevertheless, we saw some big headlines grace the PS3 blog this week, perhaps most notably the rumored pricing and subsequent online retail listing of the PS3 Slim console. Things were relatively quiet game-side as well, but the PSN did make a big splash thanks to this brand-spanking new service that they just rolled out recently in Japan. I'll leave it to you to find out what it is. Read on for this week's PS3 Weekend Warrior.
- Amazon.de lists 'PlayStation 3 Konsole Slim'. Link
- Rumor: PS3 Slim to cost UK 40 lower than cheapest current PS3, will come in 2 models. Link
- Trademark filing shows rewards program from Sony. Link
- Kenji Matsubara expresses interest in Sony motion control. Link
- Sony: We haven't announced a release date for Gran Turismo 5 yet. Link
- Famitsu Wave interview splashes down with Final Fantasy XIV info. Link
- Military Madness: Nectaris marching to PSN. Link
- Konami responds to MGS4 Trophy requests. Link
- Fat Princess:
- Japan to get porn service for PS3. Link
- Criss Angel enters PlayStation Home. Link
- PSN EU - PlayStation Store Update 08/06. Link
- PSN US - PlayStation Store Update 08/06. Link
- PSN and MLG Gamebattles announce Auto Reporting. Link
There we go, another week's worth of news recapped and encapsulated in bullet form for your easy reading (and clicking) pleasure. We'll see you guys again in another seven days for the next PS3 Weekend Warrior.