Stepping up the PS3 charge this year is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves which just went gold officially for North America. Of course, SCEA isn't gonna let the whole thing go by without a bang - they've partnered with Sony Electronics to produce four exclusive "sneak peek" events for ol' Drake's next big gig.
Attendees will get to party with Naughty Dog in a night of food, fun, and multiplayer tourneys with cool prizes. A few lucky folks will also get to have a go with Uncharted 2 on "the ultimate high definition big screen," powered of course by Sony Electronics 4K Digital cinema tech. Sony Electronics is making a push to promote the technology in theaters across the US, and what better way is there to show your HD power with an eye-popping game like Uncharted 2?
The "sneak peek" events will run on October 5th and 6th at the theaters listed below:
- Chicago Area Rosemont, IL, Muvico Theater
- LA Area Thousand Oaks, CA, Muvico Theater
- Seattle Area Bellevue, WA, Lincoln Square Theater
- San Francisco Landmark Embarcadero
If you're in one of those areas, it'll be worth the look. Hit the link back to the PlayStation Blog for more info. For the rest of us who can't make it, we can just wait for October 13th, when Nathan Drake will be all over PS3s in homes all over.
More on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves:
- PAX 2009: Here comes the boom! Another explosive gameplay footage of Uncharted 2
- Naughty Dog unveils Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition