Ben Creasey, Head of Production at VidZone, has issued an apology via the PlayStation Blog Europe for the "increasingly frequent and increasingly annoying amount of adverts in-between videos recently." Not only that, he also brings the good news that the VidZone team has come up with a major update that will make the service better.
First, on the incessant ads: he reassured that this was, in fact, not intentional on their part and that this is merely caused by a bug. "We would never overload you with adverts like this," he said, "and we apologize for any annoyance and also ask you to keep using the service (and tell your friends) as this has now been fixed."
Now, to the update, the major improvements they included are the following:
- Pre-roll advertising will be shown no more than onceevery 15 minutes (no more adverts after every video, guaranteed, he said)
- 16:9 support, true full screen display
- Virtual Keyboard support in Search
- Faster and improved Search
- Reduced Start-Up time
- Normalize option for Audio volume on music videos
- PSN presence now shows the music video being watched in VidZone on the XMB friends list
- Support for PS Store purchases in Download Menu
- Default Settings are now saved
- Increased Cache
- Help screens now available in Settings menu
- Reordered Settings Menu
- Bug fixes
Now that they've rolled out this update and fixed that ad problem, you're now free to go back enjoying VidZone on your PS3.