Leave it to the guys at NeoGAF to dig up some pretty cool bits of info. This one comes from what appears to be the leaked details of a meeting between Sega and Sony, where future plans between the two companies were brought up the table. Wouldn't you know it? The details even come with a possible release window for the PS3 motion controller.
According to the details, as posted on NeoGAF:
If this is legit, then we now have a clear picture of Sony's plans behind their motion controller and what could be its launch titles. I just hope that they actually name the damn thing, seeing as it's still called "motion controller."
- Spring 2010 launch (March in JP)
- No bundle/pricing details yet, should come Sept 1
- Plan on selling 4-5MM units WW
- SCEA agreed to provide a list of Sega IP that would work well with the motion controller, Virtua Tennis was an example
- Motion Controller support allows easy way to differentiate PS3 SKU
- Other differentiation opportunities include PSP/PS3 interoperability think of features that would make users want to buy both PS3 and PSP SKUs.
More on the PS3 motion controller:
- Video: dissecting Sony's E3 motion controller demo
- PS3 motion controlled R&D - from PVC pipe to prototype