Reply box not working? Get a virus warning?
Over the past weeks, we have been getting notifications of a couple problems from some of our forums. Below is information we need from you, if you are to encounter one of these issues:
REPLY BOX NOT WORKING: We have had occasional issue where the reply box to type a message has not been functional. If the reply box is not functional or "greyed out", please take note of the ads running on the page. Screenshots would be best. Post that information in this thread, and we will find the ad in question and have it blocked from our advertisers. Yes, this issue is AD related.
VIRUS NOTIFICATION: We have seen some virus notifications being reported. Some of them are legit files, while others have been a virus served up by one or more of our advertisers. We've done our best to block these advertisers and believe that we have locked them down tightly. If you DO happen to get a notification on our site, please supply us with this following information:
- Date/Time of incident
- Location on Forum (exact URL if you have it).
- What where you doing? (for example, clicked "Whats new")
- Were you logged in, or not logged in?
- A screenshot, if possible, of your antivirus telling you the filename and/or type of virus alert
- Any other detail you deem important. The more information we get, the better.
Post the information found in this thread, and we will work with our advertisers to find and eradicate the issue.
Thank you for your assistance in helping us get this taken care of.