Well guys, QJ.net is going through a whole lot of changes soon, For the last 5 months or so we have been coding a completely custom CMS (Content Management System) back end. Up until now, we have been operating on www.blogger.com for our site back end, which is very restrictive. This new CMS gives us literally limitless functionality, which is exciting!
The new CMS is nearly complete, and we are now working on completely revamping our Premium Membership program. We have a TON of ideas for cool features to add to the existing benefits -- which I will detail below. We would like to get your opinions on the features, but most importantly, we want to know what features YOU want. Please note that none of these features are set in stone, they are just the results of our initial brainstorm session.
- There will be a completely new comment system on blog articles. Users will be able to rate positively or negatively on other users' comments which will push them up or down in the list. See the comments on slashdot.org to get an example.
- Premium members will have more "weight" when they rate a comment, giving you, in a sense, the ability to have much more influence on moderating comments up or down in the display list. Useful comments will natually navigate to the top while stupid ones like spam and flames will be pushed down. All users who are logged in will be able to vote on comment weight, but premium members will have more influence.
- Also, you will get a small avatar next to your comments, and your name will be clickable which leads to a small bio page with an image and a bio you can edit, as well as links your other comments on other blog articles.
- Also, there will soon be one login all across the QJ network (forums, download site, blogs, etc) which will be nice. you'll be able to download all the pay files for free.
- tentative: you'll see blog news (20?) minutes before everyone else
- you'll be able to choose to get email notifications when news is posted. You will be able to choose which categories you want to be emailed about. For example, you could choose to get email notifications on Homebrew Games, Homebrew Applications, and Hacks, but choose not to receive them for Reviews, Previews, etc. Also you can get email notifications on new downloads by category.
- you can choose a theme for the blogs
- @qj.net email address
- personalized start page (where you can arrange news from the different sites in the network and / or see your forum messages, your mails and so on).
- member chat sessions with guests - VIPs from consoles world (yeah, i can swing it =P)
- ability to use friends or foes features in blog comments
- earn referrals on other premium signups
- much more