God.. I DONT know where to start.. I was gonna post all this in the news letter.. but the way I keep working on new things, tweaks, fixes or anything good. The list keeps going on and on.. So instead I will be using this thread as the update thread linked in the newsletter to better show what is going on.. not to mention list them for myself.. Im losing track.. lol.. So anyways, I will keep editing THIS 1st post with the things I do. Ill do down the list etc so you can always know whats new etc.
So anyways, lets try to get started then on the list!
Also a poll has been added to say if you like the new changes and wish them to keep going, if you think its too much change, or if you dont like them at all.
Universal changes -
- Developers Dungeon is now working as intended. People can "read" posts but ONLY Devs, Mods, and Admins can post in there. (Before Premium users were allowed to post as well) So Devs, that forum is yours once you prove your Dev status. As for others who want to post, check out the other homebrew forums. Let the devs be able to talk to themselves. =)
- Moderators are a single group now for easier setting up of things in the future. Plus increased avatar limit to 150x150 to show they are indeed a mod.
- Moved QJ Help out of PSPU forums to increase view of feedback and support. Plus give news about forums on better.
- Organizing forum layout abit plus added new tournament forum! For "Moderated" event postings as well as a general chat to try to set things up. Should provide more for you gamers here.
- Added "Get Togethers" to Tournament forums for setting up general game night or power hours for easier tracking of games.
- Added Arcade Forums to Games Discussion forums.
- Added in your user profile, extra fields to identify yourself, PSP, Xfire, WFC, Xbox, etc. =) Enjoy!
- Renamed "Games Discussion" to "Games Central Forums"
This will be abit easier to see its a actual mass forum inside vs just maybe one. Abit more visability.
- Tweaking censorship to improve on it and cause less issues.
- Added PSP Firmware forums to talk about anything that revolves around firmware "x" and tricks and abilities.
- Bank interest set from 3.75% to 4%. Thats as HIGH as it will go, enjoy.
- Fixing various forum skins to show correctly as well as "soon" to try to hack a link into them for better PSP use.
- Learned how to hack into the nav bar and add things. =D Your PSP clickable shop is now in service. =D No more tricks needed to go into the store.
- Various mod/admin group updates, avatars, pm box, avatar size limit.
- To "default" skin for now, (Main index and other qj skin forums) Added CHAT OPTION! To use this, either click "Auto Load" if you have a "mirc" type client installed, or Quick Chat to use a quick java style chatroom. NOTE If a admin/mod catches you being bad in here.. you can still be banned! If you do not have mirc or some sorta mirc client, click to download one! =D *Note this channel and so maybe changed. Plus, SHOULD ANY OF THESE OPTIONS BE ABUSED I WILL REMOVE THEM!!!!
Thread is here about the chat. [Rules and Info] The new "Chat" feature of the forums!
- Merged "Mens OT Room" to be with "General OT" which has been renamed to add a + sign and updated desc. Along with that is a restored hot 56k girls and homers anime backgrounds as sticky. All posts from mens room now in OT.
- Updated PC Hardware/Software Discussion to now include the talking of Operating systems such as Linux, Mac and Windows. If howver one day the "OS" aspect of it gets too much traffic that is "constructive" it will be voted on if a new OS fourm will be made. So for now, renamed it to "Hard/Software, and Linux, Mac, Windows Discussion "
- Moved and renamed "Electronics and Gadgets" to the consumer forums, since it DOES have a blog site. http://gadgets.qj.net/ so you can review that new forum here: http://forums.qj.net/gadgets-electronics-forums/
- Manually updated the the template set for the "Edit Profile" section to include a link to "View Profile" So when you click Edit Profile, right on top, you will see in bold a chance to "View Profile" easier. Should help PSP users too.
- Media forums for all your music, movie, band and actors discussion is now in service!
- Added new usergroup called "QJ.Net Helper" The helper group is a VIP status given by forum mods/admins to a NOTED user not only by the community for that "x" forum but by the qj.net forum staff too. What this is basically is a VERY "Limited" mod group that has the same forum permissions as a "Registered User", not a official forum mod (Orange tags) Its more a VIP user who has shown they wish to promote that section as a "Volunteer Glorified User" can help promote content and structure in "x" forum. Plus be allowed limited mod type powers ONLY for that forum.
- He would NOT get access to admin room
- NOT get the extras prem or mods/admins get (Full Avatar size, guestbooks, store, etc)
- Would NOT be allowed to "ban" users or "edit" profiles. Etc, Thats our job.
A helper assigned user WOULD however be allowed to:
- Moderate the ONE forum they are assigned to.
- Edit posts
- Close/Open posts
- Edit Threads
- Edit Polls
- Moderate Posts and Attachments
- 100x100 Avatar
- Allowed access to "Change Usertitle" in the store.
- Get backstage VIP room to discuss their ideas to promote or moderate their forum. Also have direct line to mod/admins for support.
*NOTE Do NOT ask to become VIP Helper... it wont happen. We will know based on users, your ability to promote as well as know your stuff in "x" forum as well as if there is even a demand at the time! If we need one.. we will find you! (Just like full flegde mods/admins)
- ALL usergroups can now "view" Casino and Arcade. However unless your a "Premium" or "Forum Staff" group. You will not be able to play or use the features.
- Various usergroup optimization settings and fixes or file size limits. (More of a backstage thing to make life easier when doing new updates and not getting confused about all the groups etc to get their permissions or benifits, if any, setup correctly.
- Various section text or phrases updated with more to update if they are seen.
- Various new policy or feature concept ideas being talked about among the staff to improve everyones enjoyment and traffic here.
- Added in tournament forums a dedicated Halo section for any halo version.
- Added German, Spanish and French support. Although its not perfect and no button graphics have been put in to better support the language packs. (Being that I dont have FTP to do it..) It should least give you "abit" more comfort reading the main forum settings and general forum stuff in a language you prefer. You may access this from http://forums.qj.net/profile.php?do=editoptions scrolling down to Misc Options - Forum Language. I havent been able to test these out fully.. so if something goes wrong, switch back to default to be cured, then let me know about it as I might have to remove it. Lets hope it doesnt come to that! =) So hope this is good news to some of you. =)
- Various minor uStore edits and warning update.
- Commented out (Technical term meaning I removed, them from showing, but could easily be added back in) the calander and Store. Only the direct store link remains. =)
- Fixed Categories ^ icon, you can now minimize the categories of the main index or inside sub forums if you see them.
- Games Central forum was cleaned up. Took out all those redirect links to Next gen consoles.
- New GFX and Forum Games forum!
- Fixing up the smilies to be better for us to use. (Meaning more, unique or just better emotes) =)
- In the Store, on the very bottom is Yeldarb bank calculator, I managed to somehow jury rig it in there without breaking anything. =)
- .tar, .gz, and .pbp are now supported as attachements.
- Changed image options to make thumbnails when you attach a image to the forums.
- Trial run for "Unanswered Threads" on the default skin on the navbar. This will do a search for threads with 0 posts for those who wish to help unanswered things. Rem... Spam is not tollerated.. only post constructive!
- Reenabled "UserCP - Edit Options - Select Default Style" Since I didnt know it was turned off.. you can now use this to choose a skin you like to use globally. If it doesnt matter to you, dont worry about it.
- Added new "spoiler" option to new threads, real replies, or if you manually use the tags for a spoiler.
- added PRE format, which no longer will add spaces when copying pre formatted text. With that, "CODE" seems to work too now with the correct look.
Premium Users -
- Added 300k Club. New "Bragging" rights secondary group members can addon to themselves. Set yourself to invis, open/close your OWN posts, 125x125 Avatar increase, 1000x1000 profile picture, 300 PM inbox, 500 point discount in the store, AND a extra OT forum to be talking in just for you! Plus on "Active Users" you will see your name in a new color, bold and italic to show off in! "Note: Requires that you set your primary usergroup to the 300th club" =)
- Update, 300k club is allowed a 200kb avatar limit
- Thief option raised to 25,000 points to use. Reason is to prevent abuse and provide a much more of a risk factor when using this option! (Plus will make people take out of their banks to increase risks...) Fail and the other user gets quite alot of points. So use it well..
- Change other user title has been restored, Price increased to 10,000 to prevent abuse. If you use the option to abuse or mass change titles we may ban for it. Revenge is nice.. just please be mindful WHO you change! Hitting a troll is one thing, hitting a non premium member who cant defend themselves is not. (Unless they REALLY deserve it)
- uShop store was orig set to restock every 2 weeks. It has now been changed to a weekly restock cycle!
- Unlimited username color (However the cost is now 1500 as a result. Things would be cheaper if they are rare.)
- Increased stock (On refill) for bold, italic and glow.
- Unlimited custom username titles
- Increased Sticky thread cost to 10,000 with limit of 3 a week. (Abuse will not be tolerated for sticking something stupid!)
- Casino Lottery option now 100% working! Issue: Whoever in site dev installed this.. didnt put in the required Cron job to run the reset/payout script. Tickets cost 500 per now and the drawings are on every sunday! Good luck! 3 winners per week, 1st Prize, 50% of the pot, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%
- Reset status (As it was supposed to be..) to not be allowed "free" username title changes via UserCP. Gotta use your points people! Thats why the store is there! ;)
Non Premium Users -
- Added Bank option for you to use! You may now deposit your points and collect interest, hopefully one day you can get a premium in which case you can withdraw your points to have more then you wouldve. Thus fully being able to enjoy the store. =) *Note this also prevents Premium members from using "thief" on you! Protect yourself! Also you cannot "donate" to anyone as a non Premium. Meaning your points you earn are for yourself till you become a Premium which case you get all the abilities a Premium user would have! =D
- Enabled ability to view premium and mod/admin guestbooks. Which means you can post in them now and comment. =)
Future Plans -
- With luck and support of Site Devs. RPG Inferno. You can get a peek and field test of it over at http://forums.darkmystics.com MEMO come join in! Full RPG installed items and all! Help us play, figure things out, tweak and so. This way I can export it later to qj!