Hey all, this is an outline for the upcoming homebrew dev-a-thon contest we will be hosting soon. Please give me some feedback about this outline and what should be modified or added =D
Homebrew Development Contest Outline
Welcome to our first ever homebrew development contest hosted by PSPUpdates.com. This contest will be open to everyone who wishes to participate in the coding fun. This contest is aimed at helping to promote unique and new homebrew programs on the PSP and for its community. We really cant wait to see what you guys can up with with. Here are the outlines of this contest:
1. Program must be original and never been released.
- We want something no one has ever seen, and will be unique.
- This includes no ports of programs, or modified/altered versions.
- Must be coded with your own hands, no teams. This is to keep it fair for all.
2. Final programs must be turned in no later than Midnight PST after XX days (45 or 60?).
3. Winners must make at least 2 version updates.
- We hope you'd want to do this on your own, but it's more for the community. If your program wins it's for a reason and we're sure the people will want more =)
4. Upon submission, please include a screenshot of your program so we can put it on the site.
5. Winners will be determined by a vote through our members, first place with the most votes etc.
6. Please submit eboots in 1.0 and 1.50 format.
7. We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time, although it won't be too major.
8. Please do not use any illegal material, nor swear words or any possibly offensive material.
1. First place: TBD (ideas?)
2. Second place: TBD (more ideas?)
3. Third place: TBD (even more ideas?)
Runner Up: ???
We will also be hosting a thread in our forums [here] where people can talk about what theyre making with any info about it (if they wish to disclose it). Remember, you can make anything you want, be it a game, an application or something no one has thought of. Remember, the members will be judging you, not us, so try to impress them =)
If there are any questions or comments, please contact us!
Let me know what else I'm missing, should add or clarify on please!