Every day, we here at QJ Forums are astounded and amazed at the collaborative Community that has been established by our members here. You will be hard pressed to find a better place to discuss and ask questions about the PSP on the internet, and it's because of many of you who contribute to our little section of the PSP "scene".
Due to the helpfullness and popularity of these forums, we have a quickly and constantly growing member base. This is a good thing and a testament to the Community - the more the merrier! But many of these "newbies" have stumbled upon our site unawares of all the amazing things the PSP can do, and these people are greatly varied: Young and old, tech-savy and not, good typersand bad, patient and not so patient, English speaking and not so much. Some of these people have never been to a forum and don't know how simple it is to find the information that has amassed here and is just waiting to be found. Some of these people are just unresourceful and kinda lazy. But ALL these people are welcome!
Operation: Positive Posting is our effort to make this site helpful and friendly for everyone, and encourages the following initiatives:
- Respect the opinions and thoughts of others, regardless of how incorrect they may be.
- Be patient with new community members - if they can be helped by reading a Guide or FAQ, welcome them to the forum and kindly point them in the right direction. If it's an often posted topic, direct them to the Search Function in a friendly and polite manner - no teasing is necessary.
- Post with Purpose! These forums are very busy, and we are a GREAT resource and repository for alot of useful information. However, it's hard to sift through this information with posts that don't add anything or contribute to the discussion.
- If you're going to take the time to post "Use Search!", take the time to give them an answer. Otherwise don't bother replying. Posts consisting of nothing other than "Use Search!" will not be tolerated.
- Make an attempt to post in the proper forum. For instance, general 2.0 Firmware questions/comments do NOT go into the Hacks or Homebrew forums. It should go into the General Forum.
- If given the option, it's always better to reply to an existing thread instead of creating a new one. There's alot of people here with alot of ideas and/or problems - most likely YOURS has already been discussed.
- If a topic is being debated, keep comments to the facts at hand - try not to criticize someone else's opinion, no matter how wrong you think it is.
- Insulting another member or "flaming" is never necessary under any circumstances.
- Do not chastise someone for making a redundant post or asking a "noob" question. If a thread needs to be closed, leave that to a moderator - taking care of such things is their job, NOT yours.
- If a post is clearly in violation of site policies and/or needs attention, click the under that poster's username to report the post and a moderator will attend to it. Resist the urge to reply as this just makes the problem post more visible by bumping it back to the top of the topic list.
- Read and be familiar with the PSPUpdates Forum Posting Guidelines, Piracy Policy, the Ultimate Homebrew Guide/FAQ as well as this amusing and informative video clip, Posting and You.
As part of our effort to encourage PSPositive Posting, the moderation staff may impose 1 day bans on users who find it difficult to participate in the Community in a positive, helpful, and friendly manner.