PspPet has released a PSAR Dumper for the PSP, PSAR Dumb v0.1. This is a tool to help reverse engineer the PSP’s firmware. Here’s what he had to say about it:
“A tool to help legal reverse engineering of the PSP system components.
Extracts the contents of the update data file, and saves them as
separate files on memory stick.
When it can, it will also automatically decrypt the .PRX files
(like the PSPSDK PRXDecrypter tool)
Advanced expert tool.
NOTE: if you have never disassembled an ELF file before,
you probably shouldn't be using this tool.
Possible suggested uses:
– Examining the differences in the 1.51 and 1.52 binaries, for general education or to find an exploit.
– Trying some PSAR cut-and-paste tricks for the 1.5x versions
– General understanding of the PSAR format
– Examining the new PRX encryption for the 2.0
– Examining the encryption of the new "IPL" update file
You can get it in our PSP Download section [here].