And for your pleasure..Originally Posted by Burnout siteThis is the biggest news in Burnout history!
For the first time, we'll let you loose in a Burnout game on motorbikes!
And because we're dedicated to bringing you game-changing new Burnout Paradise content all year, bikes will feature their own game modes, challenges and even some new locations tailored to fit their unique performance and handing characteristics.
The other big news relating to bikes is that we've introduced night-time to Burnout Paradise for the first time.
We wanted to clear the traffic out a little to give you the chance to learn how to ride in safety, and we've always wanted to cruise the streets of Paradise City with incredible night-time visuals.
We expect to ship bikes as part of our Davis software update, due for release sometime in August.
As always, we're bringing you the hot news from Criterion Games as it happens. Hit the site soon for more news and the first high-definition bike footage.
Originally Posted by From burnout forumsBurnout Paradise v1.0 - Original Disc Pressing (January 22nd, 2008)
Full game unpatched.
Burnout Paradise v1.1 - Astaire (Evening of January 22nd, 2008)
Minor online update to fix problems discovered during the demo relating to connection and firewall issues.
Burnout Paradise v1.2 - Bogart (April 18th, 2008 for Xbox 360, April 24th, 2008 for PS3)
Top 10 problems reported have been fixed, which consists of the following:
- PS3 game can crash when a player is taken down and the player that has performed the Takedown leaves the game.
- The game indefinitely displays "Connecting to Paradise City Servers" if it's having problems pinging the rebroadcast server.
- Disconnecting the controller before a race begins can mean that race timings can be manipulated with players who didn't cross the line first being awarded the win
- Repeatedly joining and leaving a game with 8 players can cause the game to hang.
- Hammering the A (360) or X (PS3) after unlocking a car can cause the game to hang.
- East Crawford and Watt St achievements can not be achieved if the player goes online and sets road rules before attempting them offline.
- Audio distortion when using 5.1 / DTS and looking rearwards.
- Enhanced 360 streaming performance stops instances where the game seems to pause for a second or so.
- Total time driven in player stats would stick at 145 hours
- VoIP connection problems with 8 player games.
Game experience enhancements:
- We're going to be running road rule timers in all events and online challenges.
- Tuning Online Takedown logic & physical behaviour to iron out instances where it doesn't feel fair.
- Increase online race timer timeout so players have a greater chance of finishing the race.
- Fix drifting bug when drifting and boosting there wasn't any real control on the brake so players would grind around the walls of the corners. Getting better control.
- Boost fix, stabbing the boost has too much of a jerky behaviour in the car handling.
- Surround sound fix - Centre speaker was 4dB louder, ruining the mix and the speech has now been positioned correctly.
- Tweak Marked Man gameplay AI, was easy to exploit by driving in reverse.
- Increase the # of search results returned for online games.
- Increase Picture Paradise timer so it doesn't kick in so quickly.
Other high priority issues:
- Some online race start points face the players in the wrong direction
- Instances where Barrel rolls were not registering correctly in Stunt Run
- Instances in Stunt Run where players would crash but not wreck & score multipliers by driving away
- Fixed instances where the counting of Boost Chains would drop out
- Some instances where Revenge Rivalries desync & don't get fixed until players are updated online.
- Some instance where the Host couldn't change the game access if the game was created through an invite.
- Achievements, Awards and Challenges numbers sometimes not updated if the player didn't leave the game cleanly
- Online challenge issues where the challenge couldn't be completed if it was started at the exact time that a player left the game.
- Incorrect rivalry updates when European players played against English or Japanese players. Online connection issues
- Force timeout if the 360 gets stuck on "Connecting to Paradise City Servers" - NAT error
- Rich presence on 360 didn't change correctly when there is a change in the game parameters.
- Instances where Friends were not being displayed on the mini map.
Burnout Paradise v1.2.1? (May 2nd, 2008, Xbox 360 only update)
- Fixes streaming issues Xbox 360s are experiencing after the Bogart update
Burnout Paradise v1.3 - Cagney (End of June, currently in alpha?)
- New title screen showing off a new car with new Paradise logo and new title music
- New cars available:
+ Dust Storm (see http://youtube.com/watch?v=mWFjq4-CV-M)
+ Hunter Olympus (see http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5916/tv01hz1.jpg)
+ GT Tiger (see http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/771/tv03tm0.jpg)
+ Tempesta Dreamer (see http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2580/tv02oc0.jpg)- Real-life time/weather (unsure of if this means the weather and day/night cycle will match where you live or what...)
- Geometry issues at the Airfield have been fixed
- 1080i support for PS3
- Searching for online games returns more information than before
- All cars online now show damage instead of just your own
- Player called out for being ahead in all of Today's Best categories
- Various bad respawns have been fixed
- Issue with checkpoints not being placed properly on the map have been fixed
- Ability to invert the camera controls
- EasyDrive now closes after 20 seconds of inactivity
- Ability to view challenge and leaderboard lists without leaving online games
- Custom soundtrack support for PS3 (MP3, AAC, ATRAC formats supported, WMA *not* supported)
- Improved graphics on SDTVs for PS3 (see http://www.criteriongames.com/forum/vie ... 6&start=20 for details)
- User-created liveries for the Kitano Hydros, Hunter Oval Champ and Carson Inferno Van
- Sirens on Police vehicles
- Classical music from Picture Paradise now in the regular game playlist
- Improved sound effects
- 40 total Paradise Drives for Ranked Races consisting of:
+ 7 user-created races (see http://criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=72 for more info)
+ 10 checkpoint races (see http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=121 for more info)
+ 23 point A to point B races- Players leaving will no longer cancel the current freeburn challenge and the game will just act as if the player that left had completed his part, allowing the rest of the players to attempt to finish the challenge (except for the new Timed Challenges)
- 70 new Multipart Challenges
- 70 new Timed Challenges with Leaderboards
- Live frontpage/"game calendars":
+ Specific events on certain days and exclusive cars for use in them
+ Live frontpage as you start the game shows Criterion news as well as what you've done recently and what's popular online (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/criteriongames/2436954704/)
- Mute specific players at will from the Show Players screen
- Global Paradise News page shown with daily news on login
- Game calendars will be used to unlock new liveries and other things
- New Freeburn game modes (see http://criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=114):
+ Freeburn Stunt Run (team version might be included as well, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsUCjKzZB4M)
+ Freeburn Marked Man (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO3sUTor_M8)
+ Freeburn Road Rage (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThdipywMNLE)
- Turn signal/road sign navigation is much more accurate
- Fixes, changes and balancing for Ranked Races consisting of:
+ A reset of the leaderboards on Cagney's release
+ Traffic always on
+ No custom routes allowed
+ All sanctioned routes have their own time leaderboards
+ Starting grid order based upon Ranking, better ranks start out towards the back of the pack
+ Car limits based on Boost levels instead of licenses to encourage more diverse car selection
+ Car selection screen comes up after the race is shown allowing everyone to see the race before car selection
+ Additional tuning to how Boost is earned while racing
+ Hosts no longer allowed to kick other players
+ Quitters will no longer be penalized only 100 points, but will be treated as if they came in 8th place
+ New map icons for the start and finish of races on map and minimap
+ Rounds no longer exist, all ranked races consist of just one race
+ All players start ranked races with full boost bars
+ Amount of time before race is terminated after the winner crosses the line has been increased from 20 seconds
+ Specific traffic density per Paradise Drive- A potential fix for the streaming bug that causes you to stop in place during a race
- A potential fix for the bug causing people to join the newest rooms by default, leaving yours empty and lonely
- A potential fix for the invincibility glitch and other glitches related to the junkyard (unconfirmed)
- Rankings and points properly updated between each series of races
- A potential fix for the impossible Road Rules times
- Canadian leaderboard (according to podcast 26)
- Choice between rotating and fixed minimaps (unconfirmed at this time)
- Other unannounced fixes, additions and changes
Burnout Paradise v1.4 - Davis (End of July/August, pre-alpha status, paid update, price unannounced)
- Playable motorcycles, including driver (which disappears during a crash), very detailed animations
- New challenges, game modes and locations specifically tailored to the motorcycles
- Nighttime reduces traffic density in the city
- Additional worldwide leaderboards for road rules (likely in Davis, though not confirmed)
- Additional challenges
Burnout Paradise v1.5 - Eastwood (Fall 2008)
- "The other side of the bridge", additional islands/gameplay (see http://criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=82)
Future Burnout Paradise Updates/Downloadable "Game Changing Content"
All DLC and future changes without a known date/release yet.
- Bi-plane currently in prototype stages, may never be released
- Other vehicles alluded to by the team - date/price unannounced
- Additional liveries/skins for existing cars - date/price unannounced
- Additional livery/skin competitions