Warhawk patch 1.4 - July 16th
Well the Next patch for Warhawk (v1.4) hits tomorrow and from the look of it they've certainly been busy.
New Gameplay Mode “Hero”
This is a team-based game mode in which one member of each team is randomly selected to be their team’s Epic Hero. Players score points for their team by killing the enemy Hero or by killing enemies while they’re the Hero. The team that reaches the score limit first (or has the most points when time runs out) wins the game.
New Gameplay Mode “Collection”
This new gameplay mode is like multi-flag CTF. There are 4 energy cores scattered around the map, generally positioned in the center or between the 2 team’s main bases. Each team has a Reactor where Energy Cores are taken to score points.
While we were glad to provide players with very specific control of which games they join or host via our global server list, we wanted to provide an easier way for new and veteran players to get into their favorite games more quickly and easily….thus the new ‘Quick-Join’ feature.
For game modes like CTF, and the newly added Collection mode, we really need to clarify where you need to take the flag or core – we had received complaints that players could get confused as to where they needed to go. Warhawk now draws a much more prominent ring at the location where you need to return the flag or core. Additionally, the mini-map renders an animated green line that connects your ‘blip’ to the return location.
Rank & Award Updates
- “Capture the Flag” Medal previously required 500 total captures, now it requires 250.
- “Capture the Flag” Medal previously required 5 captures IAR (In A Round) and now requires 2.
- “Capture the Flag” Medal still requires 500 flag saves.
- “Distinguished Air Combat” Medal previously required 10K total air-to-air kills and now requires 5K kills.
- “Distinguished Air Combat” Medal previously required 20 minutes IAR of flight time and now it requires 10 minutes.
- “Master Teamwork” Badge previously required 75 team points IAR and now requires 60 points.
- “Master Teamwork” Badge still requires 2K total team points
- “Warhawk Teamwork” Badge still requires 2K total team points
- “Warhawk Teamwork” Badge previously required 150 team points IAR and now requires 100 points.
- “Major” previously was 150K now its 110K points.
- “Air Marshal” previously required 170K now its 130K points
- “Command Marshal” previously required 190K now its 155K points.
- “Lt. Colonel” previously required 210K now its 180K points.
- “Colonel” previously required 230K now its 210K points.
- “Brigadier General” previously required 250K now its 240K points.
The respawn rate modifier based on player count has been modified to take a longer period of time so that TOW missiles do not respawn as quickly in large player-count games.
Minimum Rank Server Option
Warhawk official and player-hosted servers now support a MINIMUM rank along with the previously existing MAX rank.
Respawn Selection Hint
I know it may sound odd to some of you avid Warhawk players but we actually noticed that there were a number of new players that didn’t realize that you could select a different spawn point when you died. This is primarily for new Warhawk players and this respawn hint is disabled if you have “Hints Display” turned OFF in your options.
Updates for Home Game Launching
Now players that are launching/connecting to Warhawk games from Home can designate which team they will be assigned to before the server is started. Warhawk’s Support of Home Game Launching now also supports the new Hero and Collection gameplay modes.
Afterburner Flight to Hover Transition
Previously, if you were flying the Warhawk (or Nemesis) with the afterburners engaged, you were disallowed from transitioning into hover mode. While this may have been a bit more realistic, Warhawk is more about fun than realism and not being able to transition into hover when you want to need to is frustrating! So now, you can switch to hover mode even if your afterburner is engaged.
Team Deathmatch Scoring
The scoring system for Team Deathmatch previously counted base captures towards the team kill count/score. This is no longer the case and now *only* counts kills.
New “Winning Team” Ribbon
In an attempt to further promote teamwork, Warhawk now awards a new ribbon to every member of the winning team. With this “Winning Team” ribbon, each player also is awarded an additional 50 bonus points.
Kick-Idle Player Server Option
Warhawk now allows players to set an option on their own servers (player or dedicated) that will auto-kick idle players. Warhawk also now detects players purposely not respawning via the respawn exploit and will consider them idle as well.