Do i need a plugin?
Would you like to get all the newest Gaming News from
QJ.NET in your email each day?
Want to learn more about the team who brings you the QJ news?
Read about them now!
This is a discussion on How do i use windows media player 11 as a media server? within the PS3 General forums, part of the PS3 Main category; Do i need a plugin?...
Do i need a plugin?
Probably, I don't think it has any native server capabilities.
Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6ghz (Multiplier: 9x; Bus: 400mhz; FSB: 1600mhz;)
GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB (Core: 850mhz; Memory: 1200mhz; Shader: 2100mhz;)
ASUS P5K Pro Motherboard
Patriot Extreme (2x2GB) / OCZ HPC (2x1GB)
6GB Total Dual Channel RAM (DDR2 1066mhz)
OCZ GameXstream 700w
2x Seagate 250GB HD (RAID0)
Thanks. I've been looking for ages. Don't say i didn't use the search button anyone.
After a lot of troubleshooting/experimenting, I've found the best method for serving files to my PS3 for myself (it's on a pretty low end computer so it should work for everyone..)
1) Uninstall ALL codec packs/standalone codecs that you might have on your computer.
2) Download K-Lite Mega Codec pack here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm
3) Download Tversity here: http://tversity.com/download/
4) Install K-Lite mega codec pack and make sure ALL types of video are handled by FFDshow (you do this by clicking the little circle buttons below all of the different video and audio formats) Also make sure DirectVobSub is not installed (that one is toward the bottom of the list...I'll tell you why you do this later).
5) When it has the little check boxes at the end of the installation, check "Set up FFDSHOW Video codecs" (or something like that) In this screen make sure you click the check box next to "subtitles".
6) Install Tversity
7) Start the Server
8) Add all media folders to the library and let it process...this takes quite a long time the first time you do it.
9) Now if you're connected to the PS3 correctly, you should be able to find and view your video, audio, and mp3 files.
- If your subtitles or xvid/divx movies don't all properly work, shut down the server and go to Start>Run and type in "mediaserver -debug" I actually have to do this every time I start it myself because subtitles don't work otherwise oddly enough.
- If your PS3 isn't recognizing your connection, go to start>control panel>network connections and under the "advanced" menu on your toolbar, scroll down to "advanced settings" Make sure the connection that your PS3 is connecting to your server computer on is at the top of that list. If it's not, move it there.
Sinfulfates guide is alot faster, it literally takes one minute to do and it streams perfectly.Originally Posted by coheedcollapse
Ok, do videos still need to be converted into MPEG??
With WMP 11 yes. But with Nero 7 no it converts them before it streams them.Originally Posted by _PeeWee_