Sony Secret Game - Tears in Blood
Taken from one of the people who's seen the game
Found on there Myspace Blog
It has nothing to do with the PS2 game of the same name.
-- I've been talking about this game ever since I left the convention center back in August. This game floored everyone when it was shown and for good reason.
It was hands down the most spectacular looking game anyone had ever laid their eyes on. I've been talking it up and up and up on forums, only to be given the 3rd degree on when's this "so-called" game going to show up. Industry insiders know what I'm talking about.
Due to Embargoes and legal issues I guess they're not talking about it until it's finally revealed. Me, on the other-hand, adhere to no one. I'm Gamesblow and report the news without restraint.
What I can tell you from the trailer we were shown
- It's a Street fighting, no holds barred, bare knuckle, back alley, bar brawler.
- It's the most spectacular looking game I've ever laid my eyes on.
- The damage sustained carries over to the next round, but here's the catch. There isn't rounds.
- Bones break, eyes swell shut, fatigue sets in, clothes get torn, hair gets messed up. Everything that has an action has a reaction, handicapping you or your opponents
- You will fight until you simply can't fight no more. You will start in central locations but the game is not restricted to one setting or level. Every location in the game is connected as a hub. If you wanna carry it out into the streets from a bar, you can.
- Reputation is everything. It's all about how much you fight. the more fights, the more experience. The points you gain thru your fighting experience will then be distributed across several key stats. Even if you lose a fight you still learn from the experience, however. This will open up a new bracket all together, full of defensive skills. It's more in depth than this, but this is the basics.. Trust me.
- Crowds act accordingly... If you or your opponent has a following your friends in the crowd they'll back you up or them up. These will give you or them burst of energy during the fight. < But not in an arcade way. The game is not an arcade brawler at all. It's very fast, yes... but it's nothing like you've ever seen. Again, trust me.
- The biggest catch to the game... It's online only. Think Warhawk... only... a straight up brawler. You create your fighter from scratch and literally everyone in the game... bystanders at the bar... people on the streets, etc.... they are all people with Ps3's.
I know what you're thinking... how is that possible, right? Well, here's another catch. Everyone is going for the rank of number 1 bad *** of the streets. While you will do your share of fighting... it's always wise to talk and interact with other fighters. Learn from them. Get their back in a fight to boost their spirits, maybe even help them win and they can return the favor for you.
The more fights you watch... the more you learn aswell. So it's always encouraged to be a bystander and to make friends in the "tears of Blood" universe.
- Basically, every location in the game is a server or room you will meet other fighters in.
- Weapons are any and everything you can pick up. See a trash can lid... Use it. Wanna bring a knife to a fist fight? You can do it. This, however, comes at the cost of your reputation and will label you as a dirty fighter and they have a system that will in turn handicap you in later fights as you progress.
These are just some of the main features in the game... The video/demo we saw was nothing short of amazing. It's the 1st truly revolutionary fighter ever made. Sony's ambition far surpasses what is mentioned here too. Make no bones about it. It's being made by Cambridge Studios and SEO.
The game is going to be unleashed this GDC for the 1st time and there is nothing... and I mean nothing that will rival it when it hits. Trust in Gamesblow, folks. I've been talking about this, blogging about it, since Last year. It's going to be huge for Sony and the PSN.