Friday, February 15, 2008
i.loader confirmed for PS3
One year ago, a great console hits europe. You know exactly what we mean. The PlayStation3. A lot of hacking crews tried to hack it, without success. Please think of the Paradox-Loader or all the other fakes and please don't trust TEAM-ICE, you know this crew? But you know one of them... the self called noob "streetsk8erFU". Well... forget them all!
Today we cofirm the first working PlayStation3 Image-Loder called "i.load". We found a little whole in the latest Firmware 2.10 which allows you to run an unsigned code. I runs nearly perfect with the 60GB version of the system. Nearly perfect means we already got slowdowns but we're working on it. It's a softmod so that means you don't need any hardware-modifications.
So, you need the following tools for i.load:
* PlayStation 3 System
* 500GB + external USB 2.0 HDD (e.g. Packard Bell)
* ~ 850MB free disk space on the PS3
* Connection between the PS3 and your PC (W-Lan or local)
* Firmware 2.10 (not above, if released)
* 1 PS3 Game Image (made with SAK tool)
* 1 Original PS3 Game Disk
* Game Images over 17.5GB arn't running good yet (working on an improved temp-system) *FIXED*
* after 15 minutes without playing an iso the system hangs up (reboot required; maybe the game is not saved the) *FIXED*
* Online play works, but we're not sure about banning the system (use on your own risk!)
* It's not possible to play paid games out of the PSN store!
* PlayStation 2 game backups running slowly (we're working on it!) *FIXED*
* PlayStation 1 game backups can't save ingame (we're working on it!) *FIXED*
* play PS3 Backups (.iso)
* possability to play PS2 games (incl. save function)
* possability to play PS1 Games (incl. save function)
* copy game backups via SAK or from the internet to your external HDD and load them
* complete English Interface
* full compatible with the latest PS3 firmware (2.10)
We don't tell you a release-date yet 'cause we have to bugfix a lot. We also want to send our i.loader to some member of the most famous hacking forums. We try to release it to the 1st PAL birthday of the PlayStation3 :-)
So, stay tuned and check back again for more details!