BrandonW releases his port of the PSGroove app for the TI-89 Titanium calculator.
PS3JB89 is an assembly program for the TI-89 Titanium that implements the PSGroove exploit for the Playstation 3 console. By connecting a USB cable between a PS3 and your calculator and running the program, you can trigger the PSGroove exploit from your graphing calculator.
Here are the features (version 0.01.0001):
* Current status is displayed at the bottom of the LCD. You can tell exactly what step it’s failing on and take action based on it.
* The program has several configurable options to change the way the jailbreak works. These options are stored in a custom “CONF” file called “ps3jbopt”, which can be archived to keep it from RAM resets.
* External payload files are supported. This means you don’t have to re-compile the program to use a payload different from the built-in one.These payloads are stored as custom “PAYL” files and are selected through PS3JB89′s options menu: http://brandonw.net/ps3jb89/main.jpg
# You can specify an external payload file by transferring it to your calculator and then entering its filename in the “Stage 1″ field, or you can press [2nd]+[-] to bring up the “VAR-LINK” menu and select the file.To convert from a binary file containing the payload data to a custom “PAYL” file, read this.
# Other firmware versions below 3.41 are supported through the use of “firmware compatibility files”, which are external files that override specific behavior in the jailbreak to make it function under different firmware versions.Select a compatibility file appropriate for your firmware version along with a payload appropriate for your version and you can now use the jailbreak on 3.01, 3.15, and potentially others (below 3.41).A basic list of these compatibility files as well as their format (for creating your own) can be found here.
* The connection of device 6 during the jailbreak can be enabled/disabled in the options.This is disabled by default, and useful with older payloads that still use device 6. If you don’t know what to do with it, leave it alone.
Known issues and/or feature requests:
* This only works on calculator OS/AMS version 3.10 (which is the latest version). You can always upgrade and downgrade to anything you want without issue, so this isn’t a huge deal.
* The “hook” feature, where you can apply the jailbreak without explicitly running the program and selecting F1 (“Jailbreak”), is currently disabled pending further work and testing.
* AsbestOS support using its specific stage 1 and stage 2 payloads is not implemented. There is a “stage 2″ setting in the Options, but it does nothing at the moment. With recent AsbestOS developments, this may end up proving an unnecessary feature anyway.
* You cannot change any options if you’ve archived the configuration file (“ps3jbopt”). For now, unarchive it, run the program, apply your changes, exit the program, and re-archive the configuration file.
* It’s probably still pretty quirky. These things take time to evolve.