Build 4.4.0 (12-11-2010) rev. number 0cb00f8c86
* PAL issues are fixed at all resolutions ghosting is gone
* Its now possible to run NTSC ROMs and PAL ROMs alike correctly at 576p PAL mode. When the setting PAL60′ is set to ON, a trick will be applied to get NTSC ROMs to run correctly at 50Hz mode. If set to OFF, it will run PAL ROMs correctly. Even though PAL ROMs will play normally now at 480p/720p/1080p, 576p still seems to run PAL ROMs slightly better but its probably unnoticeable to the user.
* Cheatcode files can now be loaded and selected/enabled ingame. Note that all zSNES and SNES9x cheatcode files are supported everything with the .CHT extension. You can also set a Cheatfile directory. If you dont set a Cheatfile directory, the default will be USRDIR.
Cheatfiles must have the same filename as the ROM. Here is how selecting and enabling cheats works in-game:
* Right analog stick Left + L2 Move cheat position back by one (-1)
* Right analog stick Right + L2 Move cheat position forwards by one (+1)
* Right analog stick Up Enable the currently selected cheat
* Right analog stick Down Disable the currently selected cheat
Here are two links with some quite useful cheatfiles:
ONLY FOR 1.92 USERS
There still remains the issue that with the FW 1.92 versions you cant switch the resolution easily so I have had to resort to including two builds for 1.92 (just for the people who are running this on CRT TVs the PS3 has this odd habit of picking as the best resolution exactly the resolution you do not want to use in the first place :P ).
snes9x-ps3-4.4.0-fw3.41.pkg this is the one most people would want to use for firmware 3.41 and up
snes9x-ps3-4.4.0-576penabled-fw1.92.pkg 576p is enabled in PARAM.SFO so if youre running this on a CRT TV and your TV happens to be PAL, it will select 576p first and youre stuck with that resolution basically because there is no resolution switching with the 1.92 version (this has never been possible even up to now but Im just mentioning it for the first time since its only now becoming an issue due to certain people using it on a CRT TV and getting stuck in PAL mode).
snes9x-ps3-4.4.0-576pdisabled-fw1.92.pkg 576p is disabled in PARAM.SFO so if youre running this on a CRT TV even if your TV happens to be PAL, it will select 480p and you will be stuck with that resolution basically because there is no resolution switching with the 1.92 version.
BTW, for all people using this on HDTVs dont worry about this long-winded explanation it will automatically pick the best resolution for your TV with the 1.92 version. Resolution switching is possible with 3.41 so users with FW 3.41 get the best end of the deal at the moment until we figure out a way to be able to switch resolutions with 1.92.