Another PS3 CFW v3.55 Backup Manager Patched by Kmeaw!
Yesterday Wutangrza released a PS3 Custom Firmware with LV1 / LV2 Peek and Poke support , and today kmeaw on IRC has made available a BM Enabler LV2 PKG for Wutangrza's PS3 CFW along with a PS3 CFW LV2 Patch with already patched full version downloads below.
Downloads: PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP - Mirror #1) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP - Mirror #2) / (patched PUP - Mirror #3) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP - Mirror #4) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP - Mirror #5)
PUP MD5: 2be5e87a22bf1e7f48e98fcab d38977b
PUP SHA1: f83444560221ffba4ed0e0689 fbc2cf993dc64ec
From the ReadMe File: Disclaimer: This package is for demonstration use only, or for running your own made software (homebrew). We do noit condone piracy and are not responsible of the small chance you may brick.
Original FW PUP md5 before patching: ca595ad9f3af8f1491d9c9b69 21a8c61
Patched PUP md5 after patching: 2be5e87a22bf1e7f48e98fcab d38977b
If you are on Wutangrza+geohot fw, you don't need to flash the new firmware, just install the package, and run it every time the ps3 boots before running apps that need PL3. Otherwise, it is suggested that you upgrade to 3.55, Upgrade to this patched PUP, then install the lv2.pkg.
This is only until apps are updated to include this patch themselves, as then you won't need to run the patcher on every boot.
For Stock ps3's
1. update to official 3.55
2. bspatch PS3UPDAT.PUP PS3CFW.PUP patchfile
3. Delete PS3UPDAT.PUP
4. Rename PS3CFW.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and that's it! You're ready to install
5. Install lvl2.pkg
6. Launch backups with manager
- Download 3.55 OFW, the CFW patch file, the LV2 patch pkg and geohot's CFW.
- Install (or restore) OFW 3.55 - recovery mode may be needed.
- Patch the OFW 3.55 .PUP file using the 'bspatch' utility: bspatch PS3UPDAT_OFW.PUP PS3UPDAT.PUP cfw_wutangrza
- Confirm that the resulting .PUP has this md5 sum: 05933bb7a89bee87b0aa45c74 f980e81
- Update to the newly created .PUP by moving it onto a storage device into the PS3/UPDATE directory.
- Now, update to geohot's CFW from XMB.
- Install the LV2 package by moving it onto a storage device into the root directory and installing it from XMB ('Install Package')
- Done, you may now install multiMAN and run backups - remember that you have to run the PL3 package after each boot.
A summary of the differences from bigheads: "kmeaw's CFW is different from FLUKES1 and Wutangrza and anyone elses. Basically kmeaws CFW has peek/poke and allows you to bypass PKG checks, like how it used to work on 3.41 . Therefore you don't need to sign stuff like Geohots CFW.
Wutangrza's CFW is basically what flukes1 released it just has peek/poke enabled but you can't install PKG's. Geohot's CFW can be installed over the top on Wutangrza's CFW and allows you to install special signed PKG's. This LV2.pkg patch can be loaded from any CFW that has peek/poke, and adds syscalls for backup managers etc.
SUMMARY: On Wutangrza's/Geohot Firmware you have to use pkg's signed with geohots tools. On Kmeaw's Firmware you can install any pkg. Like the ones from 3.41 and ones signed with geohot tools."
Finally, hacked2123 has completed the PS3 JailBreak Game Non-Compatibility/Solutions List for those following its development!
Just a remind : If you want to take a try on these CFW, please do dome homework before you try, and take the risk!