Kmeaw and company, updated AsbestOS loader to version 1.2. The new release no longer requires a network setup, in order to be installed. Earlier today, support for "Fat" PS3 models also arrived.
kmeaw: latest version is v1.2
kmeaw: it can work without ethernet cable at all
kmeaw: however it still supports ethernet booting for developers that would like to experiment with their own kernel builds
1. install AsbestOS installer v1 or higher:
2. partition a USB disk to have at least one partition (FAT-formatted);
3. Download debian.rar unpack linux.img and put it into the root dir of usb disk;
4. run AsbestOS installer;
5. install lv2 patcher v9 or higher.
6. attach an ethernet cable, connected to a network with a dhcp-server (just for the initial boot, it can be a SOHO router – just anything with DHCP); (NO LONGER NECESSARY IN ASBESTOS 1.2+)
7. run lv2 patcher and select “Linux”;
8. as you see the fb console with penguins, you can unplug the ethernet cable; (NO LONGER NECESSARY IN ASBESTOS 1.2+)
9. login: ps3, password: ps3.