kha0S Linux v3.0 Released
kha0S has released kha0S Linux v3.0. What is this? Basically this is a modified version of Linux which brings many changes/updates/modifications to AsbestOS making AsbestOS much smoother and easier to work with. It allows features such as dual partitions on a single USB drive (and actually works), with as much capacity/space your drive can handle.
The project is actively being worked on, but from the looks of it, it is heading in the right direction and you can bet this is will become the next best OtherOS for PS3 users.
To quote release notes:
RELEASE NOTES for kha0S Linux Img v3.0
All credits go to Kmeaw and marcan work.
RELEASE NOTES for v3.0
- Changed ext4 mount options from default to noatime (decrease IO to disk).
- Created swap file (128M). General PS3 system response feels smoother.
- Added support for /home in “external” partition. See INSTALL.TXT for instructions on how to use it.
RELEASE NOTES for v.2b
- Fixed udev rules, so ethernet device is always eth0.
RELEASE NOTES for v.2
- Increased size of image to 2G (~800M free!)
- Fixed network configuration – dhcp enabled in the right interface
- Changed Debian repository / added contrib and non-free archives
- Upgraded Debian release to testing (wheezyyyyyy)
- Installed x11vnc – allow remote access to an existing X session
- Installed ftp server (proftpd) – login with ps3 user
- Added ps3 user to sudoers
- Installed ps3-utils package
- Installed locales-all package
- Fix for date/time problem. Installed ntpdate package. Sync date/time with: ntpdate pool.ntp.org
- FIX: Remove IPv6 kernel modules (causing some kernel Oops). Fixed ssh server crash at boot.