=== OpenPS3FTP README v1.5 ===
.: Default Login Details :.
A "nopass" version is included so that any login combination is accepted.
.: Description :.
OpenPS3FTP is a minimalistic open source File Transfer Protocol ("FTP") server
by jjolano for the PlayStation 3. It was written using the PSL1GHT SDK found at
PSL1GHT - Lightweight PS3 Homebrew SDK
.: License :.
This software is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3. The source
code (along with source trees of previous versions) is available at the
OpenPS3FTP git repository at github: https://github.com/jjolano/openps3ftp
.: General Usage Tutorial :.
Just a small tutorial on the basics.
- Custom Firmware (tested on 3.55, but should work for all)
- A network connection
- Optional: Internet access (for IP address retrieval)
- Extract the pkg files from the archive and copy them into a USB drive
- Connect the USB drive to your console and select the pkg file under the
"Install Package Files" menu (found under Game)
The pkg file that you select should correspond to the custom firmware you
are using. For example: if you have installed geohot's 3.55 jailbreak, use
the file "openps3ftp.geohot.pk g". If not, use "openps3ftp.pkg". Users of
CFW 3.55 kmeaw can use any pkg.
- OpenPS3FTP is now installed!
If your console doesn't have internet access and you don't know it's IP
address, you should take note of the IP Address in
Settings > Network Settings > Settings and Connection Status List.
- Launch OpenPS3FTP (found under Game)
- Wait until you see text on the screen.
- Connect to your console using an FTP client (such as FileZilla) using the IP
address that is shown on the screen (or what you noted down if you don't have
internet access) with username: root and password: openbox.
- Now that you're connected, you can browse through and manipulate files on
your console as if it were a folder on your computer.
Thanks for using OpenPS3FTP!