- Changed ICON0.PNG
- Moved to a different XMB category (now under Network)
- Fixed another possible memory leak
- Added "dev_dragon" to mount detection and warning list
- Changed LIST command output format (again)
- Added new algorithms and methods
- Should support Remote Play (untested)
- Added a better way to get the IP (no internet required anymore - thanks andoma)
- Added /app_home and /host_root to listing exceptions as they cause problems
- Now uses Hermes' sysfs sprx link instead of lv2 syscalls
- Tweaks made to improve internal performance, stability, and reliability
- Added a "screen saver" (simply blanks screen after 60 sec of no controller input)
- Added an exit application button combination shortcut (SELECT + START)
- Added an internal "retry system" designed to reduce failed transfers for small files
- New git for v2.0 and later: OpenPS3FTP - git-hacks.com
General Usage Tutorial : Just a small tutorial on the basics.
- Custom Firmware (tested on 3.55, but should work for all)
- A network connection
- Extract the pkg files from the archive and copy them into a USB drive
- Connect the USB drive to your console and select the pkg file under the "Install Package Files" menu (found under Game) Note: The pkg file that you select should correspond to the custom firmware you are using. For example: if you have installed geohot's 3.55 jailbreak, use the file "openps3ftp.geohot.pk g". If not, use "openps3ftp.pkg". Users of CFW 3.55 kmeaw can use any pkg.
- OpenPS3FTP is now installed!
- Launch OpenPS3FTP (found under Network)
- Wait until you see text on the screen.
- Connect to your console using an FTP client (such as FileZilla) with the IP address and port shown on the screen with user root and password openbox.
- Now that you're connected, you can browse through and manipulate files on your console as if it were a folder on your computer.