PCE Emu: PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 Emulator v1.4.0 for PS3
It's been awhile since the last update, but today the PCE Emu PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 emulator for PS3 version 1.4.0 is available for both 3.41 and 3.55 PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware.
Download: PCE Emu v1.4.0 for PS3 (3.41 and 3.55 CFW) / PCE Emu Site
To quote: PCE.emu is a PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS, WebOS and PS3. It uses the emulation backend from Mednafen and is built on top of the Imagine engine. The source is released under the GPLv3 license.
- Accurate emulation and high compatibility rate (Note: Data swapped TG16 roms are not supported, see known issues below for a fix if you're getting a black screen on load)
- Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states
- Supports ROM-based games in .pce and .sgx formats, optionally in .zip files
- CD emulation via loading CUE or TOC+BIN files (select a system card rom in the options, for versions <= 1.3.0: place syscard.pce in same directory as CUE file)
About Save Games:
- A standard .sav file is created for games using internal battery backup memory
- Save states are named .ncq for the auto-save slot, and .ncX where X is the slot number for manual saves.
Performance Notes (as of version 1.3.0):
- PS3: 60fps with hucards & CDs.
- D-pad : navigate menus (Up & Down), Left to go up a directory in file picker, Right to select *highlighted entry
- Cross : confirm/select menu entry, Button I
- Circle : cancel menu entry/go back, Button II
- Select : Select
- Start: Run
- L2 : open/dismiss menu
- R2 : Fast-forward
Currently known issues/bugs:
- No international character support in gui
- Not really a bug, but when running on a case-sensitive file system make sure your CUE file *specifies references in the same case as on the file system.
- PS3: only 1 controller is supported
- PS3: loading a CUE file with external audio tracks causes the system to lock up
- PS3: sound is not synced properly, causes slight distortion in the audio
PCE Emu Version 1.4.0 Changelog:
- Note: The config file format has changed and all options should reset automatically, in case of issues delete the config file manually
- Recent Games list added to the main menu, stores the last 10 games played.
- On-screen fast forward hot-spot now acts as an on/off toggle
- Android: Vibration support when using touch controls, available under Options -> On-screen Controls
- iOS: Minimize Bluetooth input latency and make BTstack an optional package, you'll be prompted to install it the first time you start a Bluetooth scan
- iOS: Fixed a possible Wiimote detection issue
- iOS: Fixed app start-up in portrait mode on iPad and add better default settings
- SNES: Mouse support
- MD: Master System support
- MD: SVP support for Virtua Racing (Note: you need a very fast device for this)
- PCE: Updated PS3 port with multi-controller support and fixes for external audio tracks on CD games
PCE Emu Version 1.3.30 Changelog:
- Better error handling and messages when a saving a state fails
- Configurable Menu and Fast-forward hot-spots for the touch screen (set under On-screen Config)
- Android: Updated Bluetooth event processing system to minimize latency caused by buffered events
- PCE: Optimizations to CD reading code
Source: PS3 News