today developer TizzyT has made available PS3 Color Logo Creator v2.01 (Lite) alongside a video tutorial below.
Download: PS3 Color Logo Creator v2.01 (Lite)
To quote: This is a remake of my PlayStation Color Logo Creator due to the fact that some were having trouble with it and so I decided to remake it. It makes custom boot logos for modded "CFW/MFW" PS3s.
1. This versions is completely portable and will create anything that is missing on its own.
2. Once the program is ran click on "Edit". Browse to your Photoshop application if you have the "Lite Version".
3. Edit the logo how you would like it and save as DXT5 ARGB 8bpp | interpolated alpha.
4. Click on "Preview" to see a sample of what the logo will look like. (Optional)
5. Then click on Create to start making your custom logo.
6. The Logo will be displayed after it has been created, so just wait for it.
- To get the Coldboot Installer.pkg included when the logo is created use the /coldbootinstaller argument.
- For Windows XP users run the program with the argument /noaeroborder to remove the Aero border.
- For people who get the full version who don't have Photoshop use /internalps to extract and use the included Photoshop.
- PS: More information on my blog
Update 1: I fixed a couple unwanted behaviors and bugs, added a couple things to make it handle situations where the program would throw an exception.
- Logo that fills screen < maybe sometime soon
- Effects in logo < might or might not happen