PsDev has now updated the homebrew application to version 3.1 which includes PS3 SPU emulation changes, .SELF encryption and more as outlined below.
Download: PS3Tools GUI Edition v3.1
To quote: Just finished my latest update for PS3Tools GUI Edition. I added quite a bit of changes in this version, scroll down to the Change log to see.
- .SPU is now extension for emulator
- SPU editor
- Edit SPU files for emulator
- Save SPU files for emulator whilst the program still open for faster emulation
- A label that tells whether it’s currently emulating or not
- SPU emulator has message boxes now upon successeions or errors
- SPU refreshed button fixed
- Changed interface for LS and codewatcher
- Debug pkg decryption temporarily removed
- Checks pkg type now
- SELF encryption added
- Filter added to opening SPU file on editor and emulator so it narrows it down to just .SPU files
- CEX2DEX now will tell if validation is done
- Test.SPU included for testing
- Included missing .dll for SPU emulation
I had some reports the Debug pkg decryption wasn’t working, so I removed until further notice.
#Example # to make a comment use # This is how to load a file #elf,file.elf,true #the ext first the comma then the file name and ext. #place the file to load in program folder #now just load this test.SPU file and in r3 #here is how you would test a register #r,3,0,0xdead0000 #meaning r3 #shows in leftside r,3,0,0xdead0000 #above^ r,5,0,0xbabe0000 #r5 r,4,1,0xcafe0000 #r4 r,127,0,0xbeef0000 #r127 r,54,2,0xdead0000 #r54
Nice little example I made up, I commented on it to give you a little understanding. Still gotta give props to KDSBest for original creation.
Read more: PS3Tools GUI Edition v3.1