My Blu-Ray drive died
Anyway, i have a few questions before i send it in to sony.
1. Is there any chance of then NOT charging me $150?
2. If i send it in will i recieve MY ps3 back or at least the equivalent? I have a 60gb ps3 that i bought with the full intention of playing ps2 games and DO NOT want to get scammed out of my $100 just because the 60gig model is discontinued.
3. Im not having any trouble booting the ps3 its only with games. Will i have any trouble desyncing my psn account with it and resyncing it with the one they send me? (Your psn games can only be synced with 5 ps3 systems)
4. Obviously i dont want to get a bad one that stops working in 5 months. Am I gonna get a 1 year warrenty or a crappy 3 month warranty or none at all?
5. My last question is about harddrive stuff. My ps3 came with a 60gig harddrive. I eventually ran out of room and bought a 500gig harddrive. I still have the 60gig harddrive. Ive heard that i need to send in the ps3 with the harddrive in it, so i can just back up my 500gig, put my 60 gig harddrive in and send it in to sony.
a)When they send me a system i can put in my 500gig harddrive, right?
b)If they sent me a refurbished model it will want to format my 500gig harddrive when i put it in, right?
c)Assuming i back up the harddrive NOW, after the new ps3 formats the harddrive, I can restore the data from my backup. After syncing my psn account it will run all the data without problems. Is that all right?
it costs like £50 for the laser. i have a 60 GB and the laser went kaput, i needed a KEM-400A to replace it with. theres a few guides across the net showing you how to do this.
I doubt its CoD4. Myself and many others play it and are fine, call up Sony and they should tell you your problem.
Originally Posted by bsanehi