ok so im looking for a cheap computer. I dont want to have to buy a monitor so ps3 seems like a good option since i already have a tv. Ive added up the cost and i probally wouldnt be spending more than 500 $. The computer i use is about 500 mhz so its very slow. Based on this information i have some questions. Please note that i am comparing this questions to the computer i have and on what computers i could buy for about 500$. i would be using the ps3 for games and blue ray quit often but i am mainly interested in buying this to have a more powerful computer than the one i have. i understand the computer would have trouble running games. I am planning on upgrading the harddrive space mannually so that will not be a problem.
1. Can Linux for ps3 hook up to enternet through wifi?
2. Would it be more powerful than the computer i already have. note that i would probally use a gui.
3. How much of the ps3 power is acctually being used with linux running. I know its 3.2 ghz without it running. If anyone can give me an accurate account of this information it would help me decide. thanks.
4. Is linux a good option for homebrew and emulators? Also can anyone give me good examples of homebrew so i can know where the ps3 is at.
5. Im not a computer ileterate but am not a programer, would this be a good choice for me? Note i have a fairly good understanding of heombrew ect.
6. I have a psp, how much more value would this add in my use of a ps3?
7. Can i do things like watch netflix, i have an account already, through the enternet browser?
8.Can i add ram or other hardware mods preferiebly through attatchments?
9. I guess the main question would be is linux on the ps3 going to be overally faster than the computer i alread use and will it be able to run computer applications, search the web, and have the basic funtionality of most computers?
any other information you think i would need would be greatly apreciated.
thank you to all willing to help.