Holiday Greetings! This is my first post and thank you in advance for everyones help.
I am about to install Fedora Core 5 in my PS3. I have no experience with a Linux OS but I am very familar with the OSX so I am guessing that their are similar in a lot of ways.
My main reason, installing Fedora is just to do email and internet.
I have a few questions that I need answered.
-According to the people who have installed Fedora in the PS3 that the full install will only leave a gig of open space from the 10 gig partition. I don't think that is plenty left. But my other recourse is to only leave a 10 gig partition for the PS3 and give the rest to Fedora. Is that alright. How much does the PS3 need to run smoothly?
- Does the full install of Fedora include an Email client, Web Browser?
- Will I be able to connect online wirelessly? If so, is that easy to configure?
- Will Fedora allow me to fully use my 1080p hdmi tv?
- Will I be able to burn discs in my ps3?
- Is there a way to let PS3 save my files to my CF drive instead of the hard disk so I don't lose my saved files every time I reformat my drive?
Again I look forward to getting help, thanks and hopefully I can contribute some things to this forum.