INSTALLATION OF YDL 5.0 ON PS3 USING A STANDARD DEF TV
STEP BY STEP EVEN THE VILLAGE IDIOT SHOULD UNDERSTAND
Do exactly as I say here step by step and you should get YDL installed on your PS3 with a standard TV. Make sure your network settings are set up with a wired connection and it works.
1. Set up your PS3s by partitioning the HDD for another OS and copy the 2 installation files needed from a USB drive, or memory stick, or whatever.
download otheros.self from www.playstation.com/ps3-openplatform/
download otheros.bld from http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/
put them in PS3/otheros so the PS3 will recognoze them.
2. Obtain the YDL any way you want, pay for it, obtain the .iso from downloading and burn it to a DVD using whatever program you want, borrow from a friend, whatever.
3. Insert the DVD and turn on the playstation 3. Youll see it boot up some computer mumbo jumbo and it will eventually reach a prompt that looks like this;
at this point you can press the tab key to cycle through your command options or just type installtext, like this;
4. Follow the installation instructions. It will, at one point, ask you to make a password for your root login. Remember it. Once instalation is complete your almost done. You can remove the disc.
5. Once it reboots it will reach the kboot: prompt again, this time tab through untill you see ydl480i or ydltext, either one will work, then press enter.
6. This will run through more computer booting information and lead you to a prompt that looks like this;
this is where you need to log in. type root;
then enter the pasword you created during installation;
now you will be told your logged in and ready for the next step.
7. youll need to download a file to install to run your YDL on your standard TV, to do so type this exactly;
wget http://www.terrasoftsolutions.co m/support/solutions/ydl_5.0/Xautoconfig-0.23-2.ydl.2.ppc.rpm
EXACTLY. You will then download the file, it should be quick.
8. Once its finished downloading you need to install it by typing this;
rpm -ivh Xautoconfig-0.23-2.ydl.2.ppc.rpm
then it will install that file. Almost done.
9. The next step is to edit two files. type this to do so;
a lot of text will appear that you can scroll through with the aarow keys. You'll need to find the line that reads;
to edit it, press the 'i' key. Now you can enter in new text and delete old text, change that line so it says;
once you are done changing it you need to press ESC. This will stop you from editing. now type;
to return to the original prompt. You can type that anywhere, as long as you hit ESC. Now you need to edit the second file, type this;
find the line that reads;
and change it to say (by pressing 'i' again)
and return to the prompt (by pressing ESC and typing :exit). Now that your at the original prompt type;
Guess what? Your done. If you followed those steps once it restarts it will load up to the GUI and ask for your login name and password again (root and whatever you made). Now its up to you to do what you want, you probably want to make a new user login or something, I dont know, Im just writing this so you know how to install it. Remember, dont ask stupid questions, read before you post, and try and explain yourself clearly.