HAvent checked those out yet, but the R&C trailer is encoded at 60fps.
HAvent checked those out yet, but the R&C trailer is encoded at 60fps.
Really? Mmm... that explains the excessive size (>100MB) for such a short trailer...
Ninja gaiden sigma demo is now up on japanese PSN (1am 27th april tokyo time)
Not exactly a new release but folding@home will be receiving an update in the next 5 minutes.
If you interupt the download (after accepting), it will break the folding@home install and you'll have to remove+reinstall.
V1.1 changelog :
"Box mode" Offset of grid on view mode 3 has been fixed.
Zoom level adjusted
Some other internal functions, not really user-relivant.
-= Double Post =-
VIRTUAL TENNIS 3 DEMO/NG SIGMA DEMO + trailers are coming to the USA PSN at 5 PM.
4PM in SC, California, and here are the updated contents:
The Godfather Trailer
The Wheelman Trailer
Gauntlet II Video
Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo
Virtua Tennis 3 demo
just noticed it on the store. Theres a bunch of "ps3 compatible" psx games in the japanese store as well.
And there's an update for that weird house-and-cat demo as well. XD It's cool to see PS3-compatible PS1 titles but... the weird demo still got my attention more. :P
Is it a ps3 or ps1 game?Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayPrisoner
It's a PS3 demo. Go to the Japan PSN and you'll see it. It's right next to Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
yeah, im almost done the dl. whats the name of it?
Uhmm... I forgot... and I'm too lazy to go look up Japanese character tables now... sorry.
I downloaded it and started the installation. It took forever to load after I had it installed (I figured it was doing another install) Then it seemed like it was telling me to press the PS button and turn the system off and back on again. Now once I get in the game, it just sits at a screen and the only word I can make out is "PS" Im going to try another download to see if I can figure it out.
lol I told you it was a weird demo. The previous version at least had a talking cat... or two... while this one is one hell of a lot more confusing and weird. :/
Well, I added it to the list anyways.
Some new stuff is up.
Home is available too, for those of you who have been accepted.Quote:
PlayStation titles for PS3 ($5.99): PlayStation favorites are reborn on the PS3! Download PlayStation format software from the PLAYSTATION Store and play at home on your PS3 and on the go with the PSP®(PlayStation®Portable ) system. Experience classic gameplay all over again with the following titles: 2Xtreme, Crash Bandicoot®, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto®, Jumping Flash*, MediEvil*, Rally Cross*, Syphon Filter®, Tekken®2 and WipeOut®. Consumers who have already purchased these titles for their PSP system may download it to their PS3 at no additional charge.
Super Rub a Dub Starter Pack & Full Game (free/$6.99): Amusing and vibrant, Super Rub a Dub brings rubber ducklings to life. Utilizing the SIXAXIS* wireless controller motion sensors, guide your ducklings in colorful water-filled tubs to clear each stage safely away from sharks.
Gauntlet II Full Game ($4.99): Play as the Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, or Wizard and enter a dungeon with over one hundred levels, as you defeat wave after wave of enemies. Destroy them to clear the level and find your way to the exit!
Super Stardust* HD Trailer (free): With five highly detailed 3D planets to save, hordes of enemies and asteroids to destroy, and various game play modes, Super Stardust HD presents super intense action.
Rampart* Trailer (free): Get a sneak peak at this arcade classic in advance of its re-release on the PLAYSTATION Store.
BlackSite* Area 51® Trailer (free): BlackSite: Area 51 is a next-generation game that will redefine the first person shooter (FPS) genre using its integrated cutting-edge technology, game design, and unique story-writing.
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (free): Catch the trailer for the next chapter in the popular franchise.
(Pics taken by Applefiend from Empire)
No demos this week but hey, we got two last week.
A new GTHD Xanavi video is up on the EU store.
grr the eu store sucks we have nothing that cool
ow do we get home
Graciously borrowed from PSINext
All this is coming or tonight or sooner.Quote:
Play cops ‘n’ robbers on your PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3*) system this Thursday as Sony Computer Entertainment America will offer the much-anticipated PS3 exclusive, Calling All Cars*, on the PLAYSTATION®Store. Developed by Incognito Entertainment and overseen by the Spike TV Video Game Awards – 2005 Designer of the Year, David Jaffe, Calling All Cars was built specifically to take advantage of PS3 hardware, running at 1080p High Definition* at 60 frames per second for both offline and online gameplay, in either single-player or four-player split-screen.
Other new additions to the PLAYSTATION Store this week include the arcade classic, Rampart*, which is downloadable in its entirety, a video for the PS3-exclusive Warhawk*, and a trailer for Burnout* Paradise.
Below are the details of these exciting new offerings:
* Calling All Cars Full Game ($9.99): Calling All Cars is a high-octane, fast-action game of cops ‘n' robbers from the creative director of the Twisted Metal® franchise and the original God of War®, David Jaffe. Take on the role of a bounty hunter careening around a stylish cartoon world on the hunt for criminals on the loose. With more than 10 vehicles and four different levels to choose from, Calling All Cars combines demolition derby style action, crazy weapon pickups, humor, and a throwback to classic arcade games.
* Rampart Full Game ($4.99): Defeat enemy ships while preventing your opponent from damaging castle walls! In this classic arcade title, strategy is the key to victory as you prepare for battle, build and repair your territories, and fire away at enemies.
* Warhawk Video (free): Learn about air combat and preview your arsenal of weapons in the latest video from Warhawk, the first multiplayer, fully immersive online-only game available this summer exclusively for the PS3 system.
* Burnout Paradise Trailer (free): Get a sneak peak at EA’s gorgeous racing title with this new trailer.
* Rampage* Video (free): Prepare to re-live all of the incredible monster mashing mayhem in this Rampage World Tour video!
Calling All Cars sounds cool.
I may have to add more funds to my wallet today.
-= Double Post =-
It's all up now!!
Graphics : Not too bad, nice cell shaders throughout, nice textures and well rendered objects make for fun, but i'm not sure how long the novelty of them will last
Sound : A bit repetitive, you'll get sick of the music and sirens in no time at all, but still withstandable, still very playable
Input : Left analog stick basically drives where you push the stick, can take a little getting used to, but the layout for weapons, boost, steering etc is nice and simple and easy to handle once you're used to it.
Gameplay : can't really say i only had a 5 min blast of singleplayer single map, was quite fun but i was a little bit too tired from playing hack//g.u. vol 2 most of the day to get into it, will play it some more tomorrow and say then.
All in all if the above looks fun to you, it's probably worth the pricetag, if it doesn't, stay away.
I see Devil May Cry 4 in the first screenshot! ;)
o.0 what is that? lol
anybody else have a problem with no sound on Rampart? The menu sounds work but in game doesn't. Any ideas?
Sony added alphabetical order on PSN store and i am thinking alot of downloads will be available soon...
There are already a lot of things already, so my guess would be that it's for organization.
Sony's gamers day is coming to which should bring some new psn store info. I heard there will be a playayble R&D for the press (those who were invited) and LBP. Hopefully we'll be getting a demo for both shortly after.
Im super stoked for Warhawk and a beta is opening up soon. So get your consoles registered.
As I thought, Sony has stated at gamers day some of the additions to their lineup whether it be on disc or in the PSN store.
Most of this info was grabbed from GAF.
Two arcade games
- 1. Metal Slug-esque but with vechiles
- 2. Vertical style arcade shooter
MMO RTS RPG by Factor 5 and Sony online Entertainment, tentative title: Relay. This has been compared as Sony's answer to Advance Wars. Simple Western sci-fi art style. 3 vs. 3 online deathmatches with online stat tracking.
Below is a list of 1st party games that are currently in development, apparently 5 are missing and the total should be 40.Quote:
- David Jaffe will be forming his own studio focusing on downloadable content. SCEA involved in two downloadable titles with the new studio.
- Relay (Sony Online Entertainment in partnership with Factor5) is an online MMO, the game is based in a Western styled sci-fi universe. The game has some strategy elements. Likened to both Advance Wars and Halo Wars. 15 second trailer and no dates given.
- "the next" Syphon Filter game could be a PSN game based around DLC with a Blu Ray release at the end.
- Stardust HD
- Nucleuz likened to Blast Factor
- Vegas Poker
- Top down arcade shooter. [untitled] Compared to Capcom's 1942
- Arcade base shooter [untitled] Compared to Metal Slug meets
- Loco Roco not shown
- We will see some user generated stuff suprises!
- Uncharted by Naughty Dog Game of the show: confirmed
- Lair by Factor5, playable demo coming to PSN in June, August release. Exceptional frame rate now.
- Eye of Judgement by SCE Japan, shown. Works with PlayStation Eye peripheral (also shown)
- Ratchet and Clank Future by Insomniac, looking fantastic but has some frame issues. less than 30 fps: confirmed
- Heavenly Sword by Ninja Theory. Looking fantastic.
- Sony has over 40 PlayStation 3 games in development at present, this number is for retail games. To be shown later in the year.
- Eight Days to be based on episodic content. Each day is an episode- potential Blu Ray release at the end. Sony's experiment with DLC to deliver a game sooner rather than later.
- SlantSixGames working on something. Follow that lead.
- The most succesful PSN games wlil be featured on Blu Ray compilations.
- Nothing mentioned.
- Nothing but hints regarding classic PS2 titles. Abort ship: confirmed.
A huge thank you from everyone except Sony PR to everyone who contibuted and helped. A pinch of salt with everything, and hopefully many suprises to follow in the media blowout.
4- Hot Shots Golf 5
5- Heavenly Sword
7- Little Big Planet
8- Folks Soul
9- Eye of Judgment
11- Killzone 2
14- the Getaway
15- WipeOut PS3
16- God of War 3
17- Eight days
18- SOCOM PS3
19- Siphon Filter PS3
20- MLB '07: The Show
21- DC Universe MMORPG
22- Gran Turismo 5
23- Jak and Daxter's Lost Frontier
24- White Knight Story
26- Ape escape
28- My summers holiday
30- First Party Soccer
31- Angel Rings
32- ICO team (unamed)
33- ICO team (unamed)
34- Monster Hunter
35- NBA 08