~Build 0.8.3 Bug List, NA region edition~
This Post is best viewed using the forum default skin
Post status: Up to date as of 03/06/08 / BFrosty is currently working on this thread.
Placeholder: Page 36, Post # 354
~BETA TESTERS, PLEASE REVIEW THIS POST DAILY~
~General Notes and Messages~
Messages to all Beta Testers from BFrosty:
1) I would like to encourage ALL of you to send off ALL error reports you receive by utilizing the reporting option located by clicking the Beta Tab at the top of your screen. By using the Beta Tab reporting option, the developers will receive the error reports in a more appropriate format, and at a faster rate. Also, If you do not see your beta tab, please log out and log back in. BF~
2) I do not want to encourage you to take video and screen shots of this beta, but, if you do, please make very sure your images are hosted under a private setting. Making them public is against the NDA and can be grounds for dismissal from the beta program at the very least. BF~
3) The purpose of this thread is to contain all bugs, glitches, and misc issues in one thread so that I can collect the information with ease, and quickly present it for the devs review. When this info becomes scattered among other threads it makes the task more difficult, and frankly less organized, so I ask you all, please keep all bugs, glitches, and misc. Issues in this thread. BF~
4) If you feel your thread was locked in error, please do not contact TedTheDog. You may contact me and explain the situation. I may be able to argue for an unlock for you, depending on the circumstances of the lock. Contact me through clicking this link - BFrosty - and select "send this user a private message". BF~
5) Remember this everyone, I am acting as a volunteer only, and am not under the employ of SCEE, SCEA, nor PSU. I do not represent Sony SCEE or SCEA, the Playstation Underground, the Playstation Home developers nor SCEE Community Manager TedTheDog. I am doing this at the request of TedTheDog only.
Message to TedTheDog from BFrosty: Last Updated: 3/6
I have completed reconstructing this post. Anything you would like to see changed, altered, or added, feel free to let me know.
Tips For Beta Testing and Good Reporting habits:
Tips from BFrosty:
When creating your post, keep in mind this information is going straight to the developers. It is therefore a good idea to run a spell check on your post. Also, please keep in mind the more detail you can give us, the better. Try to be as clear and detailed as you can when writing out your post.
Game launching reporting tip from Home developer Revz:
If you are having problems with game launching it would be really helpful if you could try the same game more than once and then report on what happened each time. Also if you have a couple of different titles (both disc based and installed) trying those out as well would really help. Then report as follows:
Launched Motorstorm with 2 other people from Home Square. Worked fine, returned to Home Square.
Launched Motorstorm on my own from my Home Space. Crashed after countdown, returned to XMB.
Launched Motorstorm with 1 other person from their Home Space. Worked fine, returned to Home Square afterwards though.
Launched Warhawk (install version) with 5 other people from the Game Space. Worked fine, returned to the Game Space.
Launched Warhawk (disc version) with 1 other person from the Theatre. Crashed with black screen, had to reset PS3.
And so on, thanks - Revz~
Post maintenance Schedule:
Reconstruction completed on 3/6/08
Please note: All comments in '[ ]' brackets are by BFrosty
Section 1: Downloading / Installing / Loading
A1 - Full
A2 - Locations
A3 - Updates
B1 - Full
B2 - Locations
B3 - Updates
C1 - Full
C2 - Locations
C3 - Updates
Section 2: Locations
2A "Private" Home Space
A1 - Bugs
A2 - Glitches
A3 - Item Placement and Removal
A4 - Picture Frames
A5 - Summer Home
A6 - Misc. Graphical Issues
B1 - Bugs
B2 - Glitches
B3 - Hair style
B4 - Graphical
2C Home Square
C1 - Bugs
C2 - Glitches
C3 - Video Screens
C4 - Audio
C5 - Games
C6 - Adverts / Posters
D1 - Bugs
D2 - Glitches
D3 - Available Items
D4 - Audio
D5 - Seating
D6 - Games
D7 - Adverts / Posters
D8 - Transactions
Section 3: Avatars
Section 4: Items / Inventory
4A Bubble Machine
Section 5: Virtual PSP
5C Game Launching
5D Communication: Voice and Text
5F Friends List
Section 6: Select Menu
6A Communication Settings
6B Block Users
6C System Friends List
6D Report behavior
Section 7: Error Report Links
Section 8: Reported Crash and Freezing Experiences
Section 9: Localization Issues
Section 10: Exiting Home
Below section 10 exists the overflow that still needs to be merged with the new format. Feel free to review that as well.
~Section 1: Downloading / Installing / Loading~
1) It took me a day and and half to download the update due to freezing and lost connection problems. [Perhaps simply a network issue]
1) ?...while I was downloading Game Room, I left my room for it to download as I walk back I found myself in xmb as if I was kick out of the Home application.
2) I tried to download the market place and it started then stopped returned me to my PS3's main menu.
3) While waiting for the download of Market Place at around 50% I was back to the XMB. When I got back in it resumed from where it left off with the download.
4) For some reason when I entered the Marketplace it started the download like normal, but after a about an eight of the way Home just quit completely (back to the XMB)
5) Am now 2 for 2 with this. I have finished downloading the new Game Square, but when the Relocating bar gets to the end, I get a completely blank white screen and the controller does nothing. Have had to restart PS3 to fix.
6) I've been having nothing but problems since i've downloaded the patch, when i download the different areas to go to it stops at some point and restarts my ps3, when im in Home Square it will eventually freeze [This seems to be region wide, a very common report]
7) When I downloaded the movie theater, right after it downloaded before I even got the the theater it froze. I tried going to the theater again and a few seconds after the space loaded it froze. But finally on my third attempt it worked.
8) I get a bug when going into new spaces, while downloading the space, home quits out and it launches me back into the XMB.
9) Every few percent on the game space download it quits to the xmb, I cant fully download it.
10) I have had problems when the patch came out and you go to the game room, movie place ect each time you download for each place it had froze for me and I had to reload home. it was the market place tha was the worse. I had to reload home over 6 times before it finally finished installing the download to get into the market.
1)It took over 10 mins to download the movies on the billboards and movie theaters. [Although not an issue, a very common complaint]
1) When original install completes, get the message **NO TRANSLATION FOR 'UPDATE_COMPLETE'** or **NO TRANSLATION FOR 'UPDATE_COMPLETE_PROMPT'* *
1)When installing the different areas, it will bounce you to the XMB. After restarting Home then trying to go the the section you were downloading it will continue downloading for where you left off.
Misc Loading Issues
1) When the system saves data to the HDD you get a slight pause in Home.
2) You tend to lag when moving furnature or any time the HHD assces for more than a second.
3) While walking around, my avaitor just stops walking. Then after a second or two, I can start walking. This has happened each time I've been on, after the new DL. It does not matter where I'm at, it just stops. [this seems to happen during times when other avtars / items load into the scene]
4) One other one, that happened a couple of times, was my avatar would just stop,and it wouldn't let me control him for a couple of seconds.
~Section 2: Locations~
2A "Private" Home Space
1) Error C-967 not fixed... i still can't enter my home space... Jew-ish
1) TedTheDog you guys sure did try to stop it, but sorry i was able to get out side of my home space twojzeng [please contact this member for more info if needed]
2) Home space seating issue: in the home space multible people can sit in the same chair we've had 3 in one so far no one really wanted to try for more
3) Avatar appears to be levitating while going up the stairs in summer home. Similar to levitation as happend in 0.7.7.
4) Welcome to: Teleporting around inside your Homespace: Link Post # 344 by twojzeng
5) Outside the Homespace Images: Link Post # 61[ LOL nice easter egg!] twojzeng
6) Welcome to: Getting outside of your regular apartment: Link Post # 347 twojzeng
Item Placement / Removal
1) Graphical glitch, camera: When setting furniture in the summer home if you move the camera below the flooring you see a stream of running water. (may fit in private cat.)
2) The camera default position is too close to the item you want to move in your Home space while redecorating. I tried to move a couch and all I could see was the cushion which made positioning very difficult. (may fit best in private category)
3) When placing an ornament in your summer house or apartment, when dropped from high point it will bounce around the entire place knocking everything over . Almost like a super bouncy ball.
4) When placing the flower vase accessory in my Home space, it seems weighted on the top in such a way that it can't stand straight up and will always fall over. I'm assuming this is that one glitched item you guys were already talking about early in the topic. [Seems to be a common discovery]
5) When you place an item on a ledge, the bottom goes right through, and then it slowly rises back up into place.
6) [When in private home space] When placing a vertical object, the top is cut off.
7) Items placed on tables & couches appear under table or couch after leaving home space / returning. example I am always having to pull my cactus out from under my table.
8) I had problems placing furniture in my regular apartment. I would pull up a chair, for example, and would be unable to move it around sometimes, as if it were stuck or was being blocked (it wasn't). The camera angles for placing chairs, when it was working, were very hard to navigate..not sure if that's a bug or not.
1) When putting your own pictures into the picture frames, hitting x and circle back and forth repeatedly will freeze home.
2) Some users still having issues loading pictures into frames, causing system to crash.
3) When i try to add a picture to a frame theres no thumbnail pics. just the names and a picture of a camera
4) System freezes up and gives an out of memory message when I tried to place one of my pictures into a frame.
5) When i go to a picture frame and try to go to my media the ps3 freezes. I get an error that says Out of memory in HubWorld Pool (From d:/Online/HubBranches/v080/Code/HubWorld/RoomManagement/HubOSDFil
6) Placed both picture frames in the summer house from downstairs, went upstairs to check them out and add pics and right frame was on the ground, as if it slid down wall to floor. Had to remove item and place again.
7) Unable to see pictures in the frame in someones else's Home space.
8) When you use the summer homespace,if you try to put pictures there, they appear reveresed.
9) Problem = Images are Mirrored in picture Frame. When Placing Pictures in a Picture frame I noticed they are mirrored, this happen with a Picture Frame I purchased from the Marketplace, I placed the picture frame closest to the balcony on the long wall. Only happened with the picture frame from the marketplace all other frames that where given to us worked fine.
10) [Adding images to frame issue -] Problem = Lettering Too Small to Read. When selecting media to put into picture frames, you notice a gray bar above the "My Media" and "Default Media" Folders for adding Pictures, on the "My Media" Folder the lettering is so small you almost can't read it but I think it says "Your nies" I believe it should say "Your Files". Either way the lettering font is too small and should be made a little bit bigger to read.
11) Picture frame photo load will lock up my PS3 and give a nasty error message.
1) When trying to make the penthouse the default home space you get the **No translation** error and it just always goes to the original home space.
2) Bug-Changing wallpaper does not work in the summer house.
3) Summer home. Everytime I decorate my homespace and leave my homespace everything disappears like I've been robbed when I return to my homespace.
4) Summer home doesn't prompt you if you want to leave to the home center.
5) Summer Home: It appeared the areas under the shelf is a box of sorts with boundaries that don't allow items to be placed under or once under, cannot be moved out from under it.
6) Summer house problem... I placed a couple of items that eventually for whatever reason fell over so that they were laying horizontal on the floor. I left them laying there and exited the house. Then came back after awhile and the items were still laying flat, not a problem... but when I tried to move them they stayed flat instead of resetting in the original upright posittion. I could still rotate and raise and lower the items but even after dropping them and then trying to move the item again they stayed laying flat. I eventually had to remove the items and start over in order to get them in their original upright positions.
7) In the summer home buy the fire place.The two up top cubie holes will not let you put anything in them.
8) At the summer house I experienced floating above chairs, and light switches half way across the room from the lamps.
9) I have been able to easily get tables and other large furniture underneath the fireplace in the summerhome and outside of the homespace.
10) You can walk through the summer home plants.
11) In the summer home of another player, there were 3 of us in the house with bubble machines on. We all were sinking into the floor as we walked around the house.
12) Nice image of under the floor in the Summer Home: Link Post # 85
13) Image of leaning pillars in Summer Home: Link Post # 89
14) Shadows still go through floors of the apartment and onto the ground below.
15) Image of shadows casting through floor: Link Post # 98
16) Visual glitch, The pillars in the summer home appear to be tilted a little. Look at the base closely to view for yourself.
17) Wallpaper doesn't work in the Summer/Penthouse, only the original Home Space.
Misc. Graphical issues
1) While in the homespace out on the deck with friends there name disappears behind the water
2) Avatars heads are not shaded the same as the rest of the body when looking through the glass in the summer house. most noticeable when on the porch looking in.
3) In people's summer homes I see them sometimes through the floor. Like their avatar didn't go up the steps, but through them.
1) Your hairstyle changes when you put a hat on. I have my hair real short (almost balled) and when I put a hat on it gets longer.
2) While changing my hair style, the rock star-ish Spikey Hair option glitched up the screen and changing to another option caused Home to freeze.
3) Looks like all the hair style options are glitched, cycling through them no matter what it is your character appears bald, and eventually it just freezes on the hair style selection screen after just a little while. SkyeBlade
1) Graphical Glitch [wardrobe] it would flicker black lines when i'm messing with the face adjustment. Just a minor annoyance.
2) I was setting up a female character and the in shoe selection screen the icon on the lower left is blank but black sandals show up on the avatar.
2C) Home Square
1) Found a Invisible Ramp Glitch that makes you look like your floating, It's at front of the Monitor close to the Home Space entrance. The Left side of the Monitor area is the highest point of the invisible ramp. [For images see this post: Link]
2) Images and Video of an invisible Ramp glitch in Home square: Link Post # 321
1) If you walk in front of the Gran turismo streaming video and stand about a foot away from the concrete on the grass and move the camera so that it is facing the towards the other movie screen, the screen freaks out and colors start flashing everywhere.
2) Watching one of the videos in the main courtyard,I'm not sure if it was trying to stream or not, but it kept cutting from a crystal clear image to a slightly pixelated one. It was one of the GT Prologue vids,I'm not sure about the others
1) While roaming the seating area in the vestibule between the elevators going to your Home Space and Home Square, on the right side (facing the elevators), I can clearly hear the Little Big Planet video playing.
2) The source of Sound (where the sounds coming from) with the monitors showing the advertisement aren't centered instead the source of the sound are to the far left edge of the monitor.
1) Chess bug? : random system crash when playing chess.
2) A game of Draughts I was playing didn't allow me to move a stone. It was about 15 moves into the game. I could select each rock but couldn't move a stone that had room to move.
3) Chess is still bugged, I'm still trying to figure out what it is but after a lot of moves the board just freezes up. In practice move I moved all my pawns straight forward, cleared out the first row of opposing pawns and as each one hit the other end of the board i changed them to Rooks but the time all my pawns had taken all the opposing peices they were al rooks but the second the last one changed the board froze. I can still quit but I notice it's something repeatable.
Adverts / posters
1) In the Marketplace, when I was walking on the stones in the water, I got the following error message: Out of memory in Characters pool (from d:/Online/HubBranches/v080/code/hubengine/controlrig.cpp line 139) d:/online/hubbranches/v080/code/hubsystem/common/memory/hubmemory
.cpp line 337
1) In the market place some people were in between the stairs. [For image refer to # 5 of "Links to Misc. posts with images / video links" Category.]
2) Market Place Stair Bug: Link Post # 209
1) Item glitch: Summer house armchair: when I select it, it does not give me the option to add it to cart, it automatically puts it in with no preview available first.
Advert / Posters
1) When in the Market Place and in the specific "shops" the pictures are not centered in their frames that hang on the wall in batches of 3. There is grey space along the left edge and bottom of each frame making the images disjointed.
1) Bug maybe?-The test things you bought for free from the market place do not show up on the psp my purchases.
2) When downloading from the Market Place, once finished, I have to leave that space, turn around and re-enter in order to get another item.
3) Marketplace issue: You can buy multiple of the same item in the stores, which is a problem when it comes to things like home-spaces.
4) Now every time i open home it forgets what i bought from the market place and no clothes show up on me and my furniture is gone. i have to re purchase everything in the store every time. [Somehow related to avatars showing up with no torso, legs, ect. ]
5) Not really a bug, in the market place while buying stuff. You can add things to the cart, but I don't see any way to remove things from it. Unless I'm missing something. Once you actually have to pay real money for these items, it'll be a pain to not be able to remove cart items.
6) Marketplace issue: Multiple Purchases: Link Post # 337
7) I found a weird Glicth with marketplace. I bought everything with my male char on my hdtv and when i hooked my ps3 up to my sdtv to make sure i was seeing all the red/yellow sun in my home with my new hdtv i tryed ythe marketplace and BAM all the items are back up for sale when chaninging from hdtv and sdtv.
1) Videos in theater take FOREVER to load. [a small inconvienience]
Adverts / Posters
1) Poster glitch/ file not found: Some pictures in the theater show up as multiple colors and say some writing like file not found.
2F) Game Space
1) The colors on the depots of the arcade game 'Carriage Return' during gameplay is washed out, and difficult to tell what color of cars are needed.
2) Bubble glitches when you place near arcade machines (the bubbles prevent you from seeing the game)
3) Carriage Return, the light blue icons for the blue trains are WAY too bright, they dont even look blue. Actually most of the colors dont match the icons in the stations makes it hard to pick out quickly what is supposed to go where.
1) Played bowling with 3 people I was 2nd turn and so was my score but my name was on the 3rd spot. 3rd player name was in 2nd spot but his score was on third spot. 1st player was correct. Others noticed too.
2) Bowling Bug - I was bowling with a nice guy that works at one of Sony's Post-Production facilities (I love meeting Sony people in Home, it's really the easiest way to get a connection with people... plus whenever there are Japanese people on I can practice my Japanese lessons for free =p). Anyway, the game had finished and I had won. Then popped up a message saying "The winner has disconnect from game.", or something to that effect. I had not and in fact had the option in front of me to start a new game with the same person. I think this message just needs to be rewritten to "John Doe won the game" or perhaps it was just a communications problem.
1) after having a long session of pool in the game lounge. my opponent misteriosly disappeared and I was left alone standing by the table unable to play any of the games available. No error code was given.
Adverts / Posters
1) Have not been able to get in to the bowling alley at all. ptuck874
~Section 3: Avatars~
1) At times, avatar will appear with no torso, or even no body, and is just a floating head and hands. [No idea as to the conditions needed to recreate that.]
2) [Related to # 1?] It seems that when i go into first person view, people who are around my perifial vision tend to lose body parts. A person on the left side of my perifial vision lost his torso and was left with only his head and legs.
3) The animation for 'Point and Laugh', 'Tantrum', and 'Shocked' appears to be missing some of its beginning animation, but then smoothes out.
4) Normally when in a "dance" animation, you are able to use other motions such as "wave". However while dancing, attempting some of the animations (I'm sorry specificially which elude me atm) abruptly cancels the dance animation and makes for an extremley awkward transition.
5) Sometimes when clicking r3 it would go inside their head for a second and I could see the back of my Avatars eyes.
6) No Clothes Bug Video: Link Post # 185
7) Single image of low res Avatars: Link Post # 152
8) More Low Res images: Link Post # 262
9) When I move the camera directly behind my charcter, and press R3, you can see the inside of his face very breifly.
10) Another image of missing clothing item: Link Post # 106
11) More missing clothing: Link Post # 348
12) Certain facial geometries allow you to see a subskeleton of the home avatar. Mostly dealing with certain chin types.
~Section 4: Items / Inventory~
4A) Bubble Machine
1) The bubbling noise doesn't stop when you put away the bubble machine
1A) Cobra Girl says "I don't seem to have that problem if I Interact with the bubble machine (turn it off) before putting it away."
2) Visual Bug: can hide the bubble machine with a sofa. well not hide but it's like a transparent object.
3) Don't know if you would call this a bug but the bubble machine bubbles through the ceiling of the apartment building lobby
4) Bubble machines cause framerate issues
5) it looks a bit weird that you are standing IN the Bubble machine when you take it out. [Perhaps a remedy can be found for that, is does appear odd, however, not a priority]
6) Last night I left my avatar dancing with a bubble machine running in the Marketplace over night. When I woke up and went back into Home and then relocated, I got the "OUT OF MEMORY" error.
7) Was just in Home Square. Started up the bubbles on the bridge where the little grove area is with the chess set up, and my system froze.
8) Just logged back in and tried to access the bubble machine on the bridge. Opened and went into the psp. Pressed "X" to select the bubble machine and freeze.
9) I was in the Home Square and I placed down a bubble machine, and instead of appearing at my feet, it sort appeared on the lens of the camera..it's hard to explain. I took a screen shot but I have no site to host it. [-kamui-]
10) Bubble machine didnt work for me.
11) I set down the bubbles in a group of people and it made the kaleidoscope image, and then froze
12) Some funny thing happens when you use the bubble machine(In the home square) it goes in to some big bubbles glitch or something.With a lot of people ten or more.
13) Problem: Camera goes inside the bubble machine Where: Front steps of the main lobby. If you go to the front of the steps leading outside from the apartments and place your bubble machine down, the camera appears inside the bubble machine then freezes on you. I've tested this twice and both times its done the same thing to me.
14) Bubbles from the bubble machine go through walls. To recreate: place your bubble machine near a wall where you can stand on the other side. Turn it on and watch the magic.
1) I can turn on other peoples lights, but they cannot see the lights lit unless they turn them on themselves. Also you sill not see a light lit unless you turn it on yourself.
2) Item bug: Home icon lamp stabilty issues
3) Item graphical issue: the tall multi-bulb lamp is lit from the bottom when turned on.
4) Item graphical issue: the tall multi-bulb lamp is lit from the bottom when turned on.
5) When trying to turn on a light fixture in front of a picture frame it will bring up the "turn light on" option box, but when you press X the picture folders "your media, Default" will pop up. I was able to eventually turn on the light but adjusting my characters position.
6) When ever I re-enter my Private Home space, I placed a lamp on the table and it falls over as soon as I enter.
7) I was in a friend's Summer Home and he was placing lights around the house (downstairs); he put in three lamps but I could only turn on one of them; when I walked in front of the other lamps (actually there were 4 lamps but one of them was the small Home-shaped table lamp) I didn't get the switch on/switch off pop-up. When I did get the pop-up, on only one of them, the message changed from on to off but nothing actually ever happened. We also noticed that when you turn on a light it doesn't effect what the other person sees.
8) Hmmm noticed my lamps, thankfully, have remained in my apartment after I've left to go play games but they turn off every time so I have to reactivate them when I come Home. Also the Home Lamp and the robot has a tendancy to fall over if placed too close to the wall.
1) Tiki Poltergiest glitch, may be related to private Home space bug # 3 mentioned by Ted. [Obviously this one needs some work, thats a prolific bug]
2) Tiki Poltergiest Bug Video: Link Post # 270 [also includes some various images]
3) Another "Tiki Poltergiest" video: Link Post # 109
4) Another "Tiki Poltergiest" video: Link Post # 131
5) Another "Tiki Poltergiest" video: Link Post # 320
6) Tiki glitch: If you place one of the 'totem head' furniture pieces on the mantel of the summer home , it will fall though to the outside world.
7) [From TedTheDog] Let's see who can find the bug attached to an item in your Home Space. You'll know it when you find it [Tiki?]
1) There's a problem with the flower base. it seems the physics are off. The flower is heavier than the base. [Perhaps related to #45]
1) Furniture Bug: on the lowest table you can place, you can end up walking on it and stand on it.
2) Furniture issue: Furniture pieces can be rotated past the bounding box of the home-space. Try putting a couch near a wall, and pressing the rotate button.
3) I placed a sofa in my house, sat down, and then couldn't get back up.
4) After placing one couch in my Basic apartment I started to decorate some more while sitting down. After I played interior designer for a while I tried to get back up but my avatar didn't move. I tried moving the analog stick forward and pressed 'X' severl dozen times but got nothing. The only way I could get him to get up was to leave the apartment. So basically it doesn't appear that you can select multiple pieces of furniture while sitting down. I haven't tried it again since so it's possible it won't happen again but it was kind of a bummer that I couldn't get up aftter all that moving around
5) Found that I wasn't able to sit down in one of the chairs. This is the small white (or silver) chair with a back. Not the plush ones but the card table-style chair. When I walk in front of it I get the pop-up telling me to hit 'X' to sit down but my avatar never sits.
6) Furniture can go through some of the ceiling lamps. Not all but some.
7) The animation of the person sitting will go right though wall, tabels, ect. Also if you get up and a table is right in front, you go ontop of the chair.
8) I was in someone's summer house and they had put a table and then chair in front of the fireplace and it would toss you high in the air if you sat down in the chair, then stood up and moved forward.
9) Another thing I notice is that when I stack 3 of the cabinates on top of each other perfectly straight against the wall and then leave the apartment, When I return they've shifted away from the wall, the top being a little further out than the one beneath it but the first one seems not to have moved.
10) One last thing: when approaching seats from the back the sit option is offered, if you hit X you pop to the front of the chair, not sure if that how it's intended but figured I'd offer it up anyway in case it isnt.
1) Graphical glitch: paper dogs float. I put up 4 and they all float.
2) Item glitch, visual: When using the hats the hair appears to be hanging out of the hats.
3) Item instability bug: some of the items are precarious to place without falling down [seems to have continued with this build]
4) Items "purchased" are disappearing from my HomeSpace & Wardrobe after random logins. When it's wardrobe items, e.g. pants, my avatar ends up legless. When I go back to the Market and purchase the missing items they are placed placed correctly in my wardrobe and/or HomeSpace. [see also Graphics Bugs / Glitches / Issues]
5) My problem is everytime I enter home everything that I have bought from the marketplace disappears so each time I have to re-download everything. What I have noticed is that everytime I re-download the things from the marketplace the save marker never comes up.
~Section 5: Virtual PSP / Communication~
1) When I go to "controls" and switch "Invert Camera" to "no", the camera is inverted and vice versa. [It's basically reversed, should be fixed]
2) no default home language
5C) Game Launching
1) Game Launching glitch: call of duty 4-system reboot on launch
2) Game Launching bug: Warhawk, HDD installed version as well, freezes then reboots the PS3
3) Game launching (only tried once so far) took our party to the Home Square instead of into the game. [From Cobra Girl.]
4) I launched a game of Warhawk and everything was fine. When I exited out of Warhawk, I was teleported back into the Marketplace, instead of the private home space I was in at the time of launching.
5) Game lauched while changing the female character lost their body the male character lost the legs. [Related somehow to #56?]
6) Heres what happend when I launched Ninja G: Sigma from HOME: The system seemed to launch the game with audio but no video I could here the intro but see nothing. System had to be reset via the power button.
7) I was in a large group of people last night, and could not press the X button to join their games, or any of the people.
8) Crashed when I tried to head up a warhawk party.
9) So this guy made a party of 6 and then he launched us all into COD4. However, when my screen went blank, the PS3 made the 3 quick beaps and then reset itself. I normally have NO problems at all when I launch games myself.
10) I've experianced a glitch where someone creates a game and when you try to join that game it gives you an error and does not let you join.
11) Puzzle Fighter HD - Started from home. Needed to download and install patch. It did launch but after quiting the game I returned to the XMB rather than Home like I've been lead to believe should be the way it works. My second attempt works and it returns me to Home, I think maybe it has something to do with the patch that I had to install the first time.
5D) Communication: Voice and Text
1) Sometimes when using the mic to communicate it gave some sort of feedback loop. A few seconds later I would hear it repeated through my ear piece. This was after activating my bluetooth headset while already in Home.
2) Clinton514 says scrolling up the text box in the main square caused me to freeze.
3) When we all took the picture in the line with the bubbles after words all the text repeated itself in the text box every time some one said something. [related to B. Machine?]
4) Telephone calls (person to person voice chat) are broken.
5) When I receive a message from a friend and press select to go to the XMB Friends List, I can read and reply to the message, but I cannot save the picture they send to me. I must exit home and then save the picture from the XMB.
6) The virtual PSP only allows us to send msgs but not recieve them. Makes no sense. Why not just include the feature to press "triangle" on the friends name to view all the standard options (except start new chat) on the virtual PSP.
5F) Friends List
1) When accessing the friends list now there was a noticeable amount of lag and even pause/freezing but nothing that made my system crash.
2) Starting a couple friend requests, screen went blank except for a shaded outline of the windows I was looking at, nothing would respond except the Ps button, quit game. I still heard the tiki statues flying around, so it wasn't completely frozen.
3) If I stand there looking at my virtual psp friends list for too long, Home locks up and I have to hard reset it to fix it.
4) If you click to go to a player, it freezes on the screen.
1) psp will be inside people if your too close.
2) My X button doesn't work when i click to look at someones profile.
3) Graphical issue: When you check someones profile thier "about me" info is to dark to read.
4) When using my psp in home square it locked up when a buddy signed online
5) PSP Interface Issue - If you are standing too close to an object, such as a poster in the theater, and you bring up your in-game PSP display, part of the display will be clipped by the poster/object texture and become unreadable.
~Section 6: Select Menu~
6A) Communication Settings
6B) Block Users
1) After reporting an individual for an offense, I could not block the individual. I could select the individual for the block, but controls seemed frozen when trying to confirm. BF~
2) Home froze in Home safe screen when trying to accept blocking a user. Able to reset with the PS Menu but still had to exit home and restart.
6C) System Friends List
6D) Report Behaivior
~Section 7: Error Report Links~
1) Critical Bug: Phone Call Feature Error report: Link Post # 307
2) Error Report: Link Post # 151
3) Error Report: Link Post # 154
4) Error Report: Link Post # 159 [Note: Click on each image to bring up a clear shot]
5) Error Report: link Post # 209 [Note: Error report image is at bottom of post]
6) Error Report: Link Post # 219
7) Error Report: Link Post # 231
8) Error Report: Link Post # 232
9) Error Report: Link Post # 233
10) Error Report: Link Post # 235 [Also, very nicely detailed post of user experience, kudo's to the poster]
11) Error Report: Link Post # 241
12) Error Report: Link Post # 243
13) Error Report: Link Post # 244
14) Error Report: Link Post # 246
15) Error Report: Link Post # 255 [not sure if these are error reports or not]
16) Error Report: Link Post # 264
17) Error Report: Link Post # 268
18) Error Report: Link Post # 272
19) Error Report: Link Post # 280 [Note: Click on image to bring up a clear shot]
20) Error Report: Link Post # 282
21) Error Report: Link Post # 285
22) Error Report: Link Post # 295
23) Error Report: Link Post # 304 [Some error reports along with some interesting images of glitches, several pictures]
24) Error Report: Link Post # 305 [very blurry image, hard to make out]
25) Error Report: Link Post # 309 [very blurry Image, hard to make out]
26) Error Report: Link Post # 22 [slightly blurry, incomplete]
27) Error Report: Link Post # 32
28) Error Report: Link Post # 33
29) Error Report: Link Post # 44
30) Error Report: Link Post # 69 [three images of reports]
31) Error Report: Link Post # 81
32) Error Report: Link Post # 104
33) Error Report: Link Post # 111
34) Error Report: Link Post # 114
35) Error Report: Link Post # 123
36) Error Report: Link Post # 132
37 Error Report: Link Post # 316
~Section 8: Reported Crash and Freezing Experiences~
1) System just crashed after switching my default home space to the penthouse and tried to relocate there from the virtual psp
2) Freeze issue: went to home theater. watched 1 trailer for LBP, went to the next theater adjacent, same content. went to the next adjacent theater- white screen and ps3 freeze.
3) I jumped to the wardrobe room from the main Home space, and when changing my facial hair the game crashed, producing mirror images of my character four times to the left (each pic getting progressively smooshed). Game crashed.
4) When entering Screen 6 in the theater my system locks up.
5) I'm experiencing MASSIVE crashing....like, really...really bad crashed....like worse than the first beta build crashing
6) Lots of freezing going on, I can't go 5 minutes or even escape to a different part of Home other than the Home Square before it will freeze. I'm assuming this is due to all the people online.
7) crashed 2 times while relocating
8) Just popped in and had 4 lock-ups. One I was throwing down a bubble machine by the Marketplace entrance; one I was looking at the God of War Poster; one I was going into the Gaming area; and the other I was trying to go into the Marketplace and it froze on the Relocating screen.
9) I have had 5 crashes/freezes and a memory is full error that lead to a crash.
10) Freezing-Home froze on me a total of 5 times yesterday. Twice attemtping to go to my summer home. The first time the input (black coding error box appeared, the second time it said it was connecting, but it never did. I had to re-boot the PS3 both times. The next 2 times it froze on me after I connected to the Home square. It happened within 20 seconds of being in Home. (1 of those times the input error box came up again). The last time was in the mall talking with friends. All times I had to re-boot my PS3.
11) Home froze while just standing in my home space. I did shut down my PC. and right about the time i heard the fans for my pc stop spinning, Home crashed. This is normally the same time i get the "PS3 disconnected from the DLNA server" notice if Im in the XMB. DLNA disconnet caused home to crash.
12) In Home Theater I was moving from one screen to another when Home froze. After about a minute, I got a message saying that I had been signed out of the Playstation Network. And immediately after that, Home restarted and I got the following network error: X8002AD23
13) Ever since the update it crashes all the time
14) Crashed when I played chess with someone
15) When people talk my ps3 freezes for a short time.
16) Videos of system crashes: Link Post # 103 [Very nice post by KZeni, several videos]
17) I just can't go anywere all i get network error the conection was lost Z(7.-1)
18) I tried entering the marketplace through the entrance and got a system freeze up on the white transition screen(no error message) I was able to walk in to the other areas and I know it was an application error because I was able to quit the game.
~Section 9: Localization Issues~
1) When you open your virtual PSP and go to Character Customization well... it is spelt Customisation... instead of Customization.
2) Localization issue: on the PSP in the skin customization section color is spelled colour [NA spelling: Color]
~Section 10: Exiting Home~
1) Players Met on the XMB after exiting Home does not work
2) My ps3 restarts everytime i leave home [May be a "handshake" issue?]
3) Swapped a disc in while Home was running [Rock Band]. Launched it, exited out. Left Home. I now have two BD icons under Game.
MISC Stuff to be categorized:
PSP Remote Play bugs / Glitches / Issues
1) Invert Look up/down" does not work while using the PSP
2) PSP bug?-when I'm on the PSP and look at the pictures in the Home Square that are at a far distance, the graphics on those ads become distorted with graphical issues.
Graphical Bugs / Glitches / Issues
4) Graphics do not appear upgraded, if anything, somewhat rougher around the edges.
6) Horizontal flickering appeared throughout the screen when many people were condensed into one area onscreen at once, panning around makes the flickering move around. Looks like a graphical glitch.
7) This may not be a bug, but I have a hard time reading people's names sometimes - the colors used as so faint and it's hard seeing who is who in a crowd - maybe darker colors or bolder lines would help?
9) If you have a usb keyboard connected and 6 axis controller active the keyboard defaults to contoller 1 when you load Home preventing you from launching until you change controller 1 to the 6 axis so that you can hit the x button.
10) After about an 1hour 30min the x button functions does not work, I have had 5 crashes/freezes intermitten mic problems working when it wants too. A memory is full error that lead to a crash.
13) Camera Lock: When outside of your home space, press R3 to bring up first person camera, then use your psp to go to wardrobe, change something, then go back to
running around and the camera stays still while your character can run anywhere in the room.
15) Logged in this evening for the first time today and noticed my avatar had no mid section (was completely invisible) . I proceeded to my basic homespace (the penthouse was gone from PSP selection) and noticed all the items I purchased from the marketplace were gone. It then dawned on me that when I last was in Home I bought a new shirt and placed it on my AV. The fix: Add another shirt on my AV and repurchase the penthouse and items again. However, items in the Home Stuff store still said no items available. Side note, after purchasing the penthouse again. The basic items (white furniture) placed in the apartment was exactly where I placed them.
Links to Misc. posts with images / video links
1) Interesting shots of some glitches: Link Post # 144
4) "Fractals" Glitch Pic: Link Post # 188
6) More interesting shots: Link Post # 222
19) Interesting picture of seating bug: Link Post # 322