PS3 New system firmware V4.00 is coming
Sony Network Entertainment VP Eric Lempel has detailed incoming PS3 System Software Update version 4.00 today.
Download: PS3 Firmware 4.0 Update (US) / PS3 Firmware 4.0 Update (EU)
To quote: A new system software update (v4.00) will be released this week.
In preparation for the launch of PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) in Japan, this update will prepare PlayStation 3 (PS3) to serve as a content management device.
It will allow users to copy their digital content such as games, music, photos, and videos between PS Vita and PS3, back up PS Vita game games including save data to your PS3 hard drive, and update the system software for your PS Vita system using the network features of your PS3.
Other changes to take effect with this update include:
• PlayStation Plus members can now choose to enable or disable each automatic update feature:
• Game patches
• System software
• Recommended games and videos
• Sync trophy information
• New PlayStation Network settings for filtering friend requests and messages
You can find more details after the firmware goes live here. We look forward to your feedback.
Examiner.com reports the following hidden PS3 Firmware 4.0 features have also been discovered:
• Health warning screen upon system start up
• Game XMB hosts 'PS Vita System Application Utility' option
• System settings updated with 'Delete PS Vita System's Backup Files' option
• Health warnings tabs for games available under 'Info'
• British English as system language option
• Remote Play option for PS Vita Available Requires Number Input to Vita Unit
Finally, from eussNL, an0nym0us and others via IRC:
[eussNL] besides the new psnpassphrase, the 0x19 keyrevisionset, the several added new sprx's, the still working downgrade and 'kind of' jailbreak, added PS Vita support (and extra attackvectors), a new SDK and trial to reduce PSN spambots ?
The E3 Flasher is confirmed working with PS3 Firmware v4.00 but not from the XMB, you must use brick fix and then backup BiOS and in flash fun mode flash patched backup directly and the downgrade works.
Bypass the useless fcked 4.00 on 3.73/3.72
1. Download logan5tool Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
2. Uncheck on program Firmware Update
3. Start proxy
3. Go to Internet settings on PS3/ Set proxy
4. Set a IP and proxy with port 8080
5. Connect into PSN
@cotojestwtf - it's not my tool
Private Paste - Pastie