I don't know if anyone's posted anything before on the Digital Life Convention, but I'm able to go to it this year and judging by the fact that A) Sony's on the exhibitor list and B) Last year that Microsoft had live demos of the 360 last year, I'm hoping that Sony is going to follow suit and have some PS3's out for show as well as use. Another reason that I think Sony's gonna have PS3's is that Square Enix is attending the convention as well, and they mentioned something about Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest on their page. I don't know if QJ is going to have people there, but I'm not very far away from NYC so I'll try to upload some of my own pictures after I get back.
EDIT: Sort of Off Topic, sort of on topic but Final Fantasy XII will be playable at Digital Life '06.
EDIT 2: "Stan Glasgow, President and Chief Operating Officer, Sony Electronics Inc., will present an opening day keynote at DigitalLife, the leading technology and consumer electronics event, which will take place at the Javits Center in New York City, October 12-15, 2006." @ Digital Life's web site.
EDIT 3: EA's Vice President and CCO (Chief Creative Officer) will deliver a keynote address at the Digital Life Summit.
EDIT 4: Kinda off topic again, but the Major League Gaming 2006 playoffs will be located in the Javits Convention Center alongside the Digital Life Convention.
EDIT 5: Some features of FF:XII that will be shown at Digital Life:
* Completely new voiced cut-scenes added for the North American release
* Newly implemented 16:9 functionality in the North American version allows for wide screen display
* Gorgeous CG cinematics and cut-scenes in Dolby® Pro Logic II combined with real-time graphics rivaling those of next-gen titles
* Shocking plot twists take players on an unforgettable journey
* Active Dimension Battle (ADB) system, enables players to move seamlessly between exploration and combat
* Highly customizable Gambit system allows complete control over character AI during battles
* License board gives the player the ability to customize each character's skills and abilities
@ their site, as said by Square Enix.