So what's Scrabble Help you ask? Basically it is a neat program that will help you in a good old game of Scrabble. You know scrabble right? ;) For example, say you have a set of letters "JTRA". The program will search a dictionary for all possible words you can make out of those letters! So in the above example it would return:
ART, JAR, RAJ, RAT, TAR.
Neat right? Wait! There's more! The program also supports wild cards. A wild card in Scrabble Help is "_" (underscore). That means it will substitute any letter in the alphabet to try and make a word. Words that are found with the underscore have that letter displayed in lower case. For example if you have "JTR_", the program will return:
aRT, cRT, JaR, JeT, JoT, JuT, RaJ, RaT, ReT, RoT, RuT, TaR, ToR, TRw, TRy.
Right now there is a limitation that only the first 175 or so words that are found will be displayed because the screen isn't big enough to display any more ;) I'll be working on that some time though.
- Improve interface and allow more words to be printed
- Allow user to change minimum amount of letters in a word
- Give the scrabble score of each word
- Copy the folder "scrabble-help" into your GAME directory if you are using a custom firmware.
- If you are using FW 1.50, download the kxploited version.
So next time you want to sit down with your mates and play a game of scrabble, take your PSP with you!
Download Scrabble Help 0.1 (src not included)
Download Scrabble Help 0.1 kxploited (src not included)