[RELEASE]alpha version of my first platformer
I've been working on this for a while, but sadly enough I never had much time to finish it. Because its been too long since I worked on it and I don't have the caurage right now to pick it up again I'm going to post what I have. Its not really a game yet, its playable though... but far from what I was planning to do with it. I'm not sure if I would call it a alpha release or a proof of concept, but leave it what it is and take a look at it yourself.
What I was trying to do is proof to people that Lua can be powerfull enough to make a decent game. The game still has a lot to be coded and recoded, but I guess it could amuse some people for a little while already.
Everything is drawn by myself, although the design of the chicken itself is borowed from New Zealand Story. Why? well... I figured that they drew it exacly like I wanted to draw it, so I started from one of there sprites.
The code is a bit messy... and wasn't ment to be released like this, but I promise that it'll be more readable once it's finished. A lot of stuff could be written better and more effective, but when I started coding this I was using lua for about 2 weeks... so I guess thats a good excuse.
There are some elements that other people could use if they want, like the font writing script, debug script and debug menu script... but if you borrow stuff from my code then please give me credit for it.
Thats about it for now... I'll drop by again soon to see what you guys think of it.
PS: I didn't make the music... I'm not good with music... if someone would make me suitable music to use then I would greatly appriciate it. The music I'm using now is something I found on the net and then adapted it a bit.
PPS: the right shoulder button opens up the debug menu... One feature 'the key' isn't accessable in the game yet... so if you wanna see that then you'll have to obtain it through the debug feature
The game can be downloaded here