Magic PSP Station (MPS)
Magic PSP Station (MPS) supports solitaire play and two-player hotseat using any single card set from Magic the Gathering.
Updated Installation Instructions
(1) Install the MPS program.
(2) Install an MPS theme.
(3) Install sets and decks desired.
(4) Install the set updates file.
Step 1. Download and install the program. Copy MPS directory and all of its contents to your choice of GAME directory, depending on your flavor of firmware. Program files may be found here:
transce080 PSP Software Share Folder (link)Note: MPS themes and card sets are not distributed with MPS for legal reasons. You must download them separately. All additional required files can be found in the MPS User Content Share Folder.
Step 2. Download and install the theme. The avatar images may be customized. The image must be 34 by 34 pixels and saved in PNG format. Your avatar should be named myAvatar.png and your opponent's should be named opAvatar.png.
MPS User Content Share Folder (link)* Malhavoc's Post 8th MPS theme
Copy theme to \MPS\data\ directory.
Step 3. Download and install the sets and decks you want. The deck update contains MWS format decks for all current MPS sets.
MPS User Content Share Folder (link)Step 4. Download and install the set files update. Many sets' database files have not been updated for use with the latest version of MPS, so to be safe it's recommended that you install the set files update last. This also allows for the quick fix of any set typos or mistakes.
* 4th edition
* Portal, Second Age
* Portal, Three Kingdoms
* 9th edition
* 10th edition
Copy set files to the \MPS\sets\ directory like so:
MPS\sets\10EMPS User Content Share Folder (link)
etc. etc. using the same 3 letter abbreviation used in MWS.
* Decks updateCopy decks to \MPS\decks\ like so:
etc. etc. with the same 3 letter abbraviation as the set.MPS User Content Share Folder (link)
* Set files update
3. Installation (*use updated installation instructions above*)
5. Special Actions FAQ
7. How to change decks
8. How to make decks
9. How to install new sets
10. Learn to play Magic the Gathering (for free)
11. Display Note
Please see the full readme before installation.
User made MPS sets:
Portal - Theredbaron (1.00)
Portal, Second Age - Theredbaron (1.00)
Lorwyn - weapon33 (1.00)
Portal, Three Kingdoms - Therebaron (1.00)
Ravnica - weapon33 (1.00)
4th edition - weapon33 (1.02+)
9th edition - Anonymouse (1.02+)
Mirrodin - Rasb (as yet untested)
Odyssey - Rasb (as yet untested)
Onslaught - Rasb (as yet untested)
**Note: MPS 1.00 format sets must be updated for MPS 1.02 and above.**
LINK: User Content Share Folder
About creating sets:
1. Getting card images - MWSData Forum
2. Image manipulations - For rotations and resizing, try Easy Thumbnails. It's free and easy to use. It can do every step except the image type conversions.
3. Name.dat files - card names must be in alphabetical order. Names should conform to the Magic Workstation database. Basic lands should read "Forest (1)", "Forest (2)", etc.
4. Types should be: 0 creature, 1 enchantment, 2 artifact, 3 land, 4 instant, 5 sorcery. Planeswalkers are also 1.
5. Upload the sets to MediaFire so that they might easily be added to the User Content share folder.
***If any mods are reading this, my username should read transce080, I'm missing the second zero. If you could fix that, you would be my hero.***