I'm developping a game and thought it was time to release a demo because now we can have a good feeling of what it will be like.
It's named DJ Drops, and it's a musical puzzle game where you have to clear levels by resisting until the end of the song.
The blocks have different shapes and colors (6 each) and to make them explode, 4 of the same color and/or shape have to connect.
The game has a quite nice combo system to chain like hell :)
You can chain combos by different ways:
- the classical : blocks explode, those above fall and connect, combo!
- the explosion : the blocks take some time to explode and during this moment you can add other blocks to make more combos
- the cooldown : after an explosion, a small amount of time is given to make blocks explode somewhere else, if you do it before the time is elapsed, you make more combos.
The game is "musical" in the way that the gameplay is in rythm with the music.
In the current version (demo 4.1), a test stage is available where lines come up in a given interval, so it's not musical at all but you'll see how it works. To test that, choose "gameplay" in the menu.
A level with a music who's influencing gameplay is also available, choose "levelssoup" in the menu.
The 2 levels are quite hard but it's doable, at least you'll have some challenge right :) ?
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1...6409xr5.th.png http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6...6200zi1.th.png http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5...3640di1.th.png
How to play :
up/down to change item
X to select
[ ] to cancel
start to quit
left/right to move the pair
down to make it go down faster
X and O to rotate (clockwise/counter clockwise)
L and R to teleport the pair to the left/the right
start to come back in the menu
select to take a screenshot
The special blocks with a number on them explode once they get to 0. For this you'll have to chain combos.
Shielded blocks need to connect in packs of 5 minimum.
Other informations :
You have to quit via the menu because the home button doesn't work (if someone wants to help..) edit: corrected!
The game still looks like a big test center, there are really a bunch available to see all I can do with particles generators etc.. The source code is there too so if you need anything just take it, but mention my name somewhere in your release.
I need help :
- I have problems when I try to play 2 sounds alternatively
- the home button doesn't work edit: corrected!
- I'm looking for a devoted designer to design me complete levels, and create cool gfx for everything (as you can see all I did for the moment, except in the menu is use paint! :) ).
Designs have to be futuristic/minimalistic, colorful, I don't know how to describe it but I like xploren's sigs and avatars, so exploren if you want to participate you're warmly welcomed!! edit: xploren can't do it :(
- I'm looking for free musics in the electronica/dance genre, in the same vein than : justice: "stress", roger sanchez: "contact", john dahlback: "blink", david vandetta: "unidos para la musica", jam and spoon: "the age of love", alex gaudino: "calabria destination", the chemical brothers: "shake, brake, bounce" I think there are enough examples here :)
Contact me directly in this thread or by PM.
Brunni!! for the oslib and his help
Blixt, for his ideas and beta tests
PlayerAdvance.org where I started publishing this
Developpers of those awesome games that inspired me: magical drop, tetris attack, dj max, puyo puyo
DJ Drops demo 4.1
Have fun, and do not hesitate to leave a comment, give ideas, or your help.
edit: video here http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=wMw_9igctFk