Would you like to get all the newest Gaming News from
QJ.NET in your email each day?
Want to learn more about the team who brings you the QJ news?
Read about them now!
This is a discussion on [Release] Wagic, the Homebrew !? within the PSP Development Forum forums, part of the PSP Development, Hacks, and Homebrew category; Originally Posted by CoMbiNa What content was removed? Card images and thumbnails. The game still allows you to play with ...
Did you fix the volume control bug? :)
Version 0.6.0 is now available. It has more than 1600 cards, improved stability, and Wagic now allows you to play Momir Basic against the AI..
Momir Basic is a very fun mode in which you play with random creatures. It is a mod of MTG that you cannot easily play in real life, which makes the PSP an ideal platform to give it a try :)
Also check the forums at http://wololo.net/wagic, you'll find custom sets (more than 1000 new cards), graphic mods, tools...
mraellis, sorry, audio volume bug not fixed yet :/
Edit: Here are a few cool screenshots from NyghtcrawleR who tweaked the graphics to use "original" content:
He also provides download links for a "all in one" package that contains all this cool stuff : http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
Last edited by wololo; 04-26-2009 at 10:27 PM.
sweet! I love this HB! All it need is counters support and I can make some of my favorite cards!
(Not that I don't plan to fix the bug, but I didn't realize it was such a problem)
Because that wasn't how you described the bug so i only kept it on long enough to play once or twice and the sfx were to loud or muted (which is annoying). :)
I probably shouldve tried the volume buttons at the time. haha
Guess i will do after College today.
Updated my first post with version 0.7.1, which was released a few days ago.
This version has more than 2100 cards, counterspells (finally) work perfectly, card pictures can be put in a zip archive (makes copy way easier on the memory stick), and Wagic is now available in several languages
The forum doesn't allow me to edit my first post anymore, which is a shame
Anyways, Wagic 0.8.1 was released a few days ago, and here is the changelog:
This release was huge, but I already know that next release will be impressive as well, so stay tuned :Punk:* More than 1000 new cards. Yes, you’ve read correctly, Wagic has now more than 3100 cards to play with, of which more than 30% is entirely new. Wagic allows you to play with cards from the following expansions: 10the Edition, Shards of Alara, Alara Reborn, Conflux, Champions of Kemigawa, Eventide, Exodus, Fallen empires, Future sight, Ice Age, Invasion, Legends, Lorwyn, Magic 2010, Mirage, Mirroding, Merquadian Masques, Odyssey, Onslaught, Portal, Ravnica, Revised, Shadowmoor, Tempest, Times Spiral, Urza’s Saga… and this is not counting the user created sets on the forums at http://wololo.net/forum than can add thousand other cards to your collection
* New Rules. Wagic now supports the new Magic 2010 rules, including the new combat rules, and the end of manabun
* Various rules improvements: Damages don’t use the stack anymore, Spells with invalid targets fizzle,…
* Two new game modes to unlock: Evil Twin (in which the AI plays with your deck), and Random mode (you and the AI play with random generated decks). Stay tuned on http://wololo.net/wagic to learn how these modes can be unlocked, and don’t forget that you can also unlock the extra difficulty mode and the Momir Basic mode!
* Expansions now need to be unlocked (by winning games) before you can buy them in the shop
* New parser keywords, including: doesnotuntap, counter, @movedTo
* Parser huge improvements for triggered events, “lord” cards (think Slivers), discard, draw, life, damage, deplete, protection and more
* Player’s deck improvements: no more 5 decks limitation, and you can now name your decks (using the same format as the AI decks) to make them easier to find.
* Added a “premade decks” system for new players who want to play directly without creating their own deck
* AI improvements: The AI can now use mana abilities from non “basic land” cards. The AI can also use “may” cards such as gravedigger and clone.
* New AI deck: Soldiers
* Shop improvements: hit “square” to refresh the shop cards (no need to quit and re-enter the shop like crazy to update the cards). Boosters’ price decreased. Mythic rares added to boosters.
* Game flow improved, the game now does not offer you to counter your own abilities and spells by default (this can be changed in the options menu, but I’m sure you won’t need it :) )
* Lots of individual card bugs fixed, too many to tell!
* Memory usage improvements and memory bug fixes
Great work as usual Wololo.
As promised, release 0.9.1 was impressive... at least I think so. We've been joined by some new members with incredible design and/or dev skills, so the latest version 0.9.1 is full of eye candy (all of this is original graphics and/or CC):
We have a cool trailer too, maybe a bit cheesy, but it shows the latest changes in video
Know issues* Around 500 new cards. Wagic now allows you to play with more than 3500 cards out of the box. Wagic allows you to play with cards from Zendikar, Magic 2010, and 30 other expansions. This is not counting all the extra content you can get from the forum at http://wololo.net/forum: Naruto, Final Fantasy, and lots of other user-created sets.
* New shop GUI, with original graphics(see the cool screenshots above). Many thanks to Jhotun for the background image!
* New user interface inGame. It is highly customizable, check the options. Wagic now has some smooth animations, you’ll love the new manapool!
* Deck Statistics in the deck editor now show you how well your deck performs against the AI, and various useful information (average mana cost, etc…)
* New Profile and Theme systems to customize your play environment. Check the Jade Theme! Also come to http://wololo.net/forum to get new themes!
* Various card bug fixes
* Deck Editor improved, you can now rename your decks directly in Wagic without an external text editor
* Improved card graphics (Thanks J and Jeck)
* Parser: new keywords (@damaged, @tapped, deathtouch, initimidate, “other” keyword for targets, “this” keyword for targets, kicker, “X” as part of abilities cost, shuffle
* New caching mechanism, no need for you to setup the “size” of your cache anymore, the cache automatically uses as much Ram as possible.
* New cool Game manual, check it out, it teaches you how to play Wagic!
* Small AI improvements
* More than 20 new AI Decks (Thanks Psyringe,Niegen,Abrasax and everyone who contributed)
* Added an exception plugin to prevent the PSP from crashing in case of a bug. Instead, you’ll get a blue screen. (Thanks to Sakya at ps2dev)
# Purple Screen of Despair: If the game has a weird purple look and feel at startup, you just got the Purple Screen of Despair. But don’t trash your PSP yet, there’s hope. We are looking for solutions to this problem, and a few techniques can be found here: http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=747
Please comment on the game, we know there's still lots of room for improvement, but we all put sweat and tears on this release, so enjoy :Punk:
Last edited by wololo; 11-01-2009 at 05:34 AM. Reason: precisions
Some members on the Wagic forums are organizing a contest of the Best AI Deck. Nothing to win, but the best decks will be included in Wagic's next release.
If you think you are a pro at MTG deck construction, come and teach the other ones who's the boss
The decks will compete against each other in an AI tournament involving thousands of matches.
If you're interested, complete rules can be found here: Wagic, Magic the Gathering, and PSP homebrews AI Deck contest!
Last edited by wololo; 11-10-2009 at 01:31 AM. Reason: fix typo