It has been a long time since the last iR Shell public release. Osgeld of irshell.org admin has convinced me to make another release, so here it is. You can thank him for bringing me out of retirement.
Below is the list of new feature summary:
- Support Dark_AleX latest 5.00M33-3 CFWs. Users of original 5.00M33 & M33-2 should upgrade to M33-3 to avoid incompatibility issues. The latest Popsloader 5.00 is also supported.
- An Infra-Red learning remote is added for PSP Phat. You no longer need to hunt pronto codes for your appliances. Just point your remote unit at the PSP and it will learn the iR code. It is available under higher firmwares and not fw 1.5 mode. Refer to the Release Note for usage details.
- The nethostfs connection handling has been redesigned to be more robust. However, iR Shell 4.7 and onwards can only connect to the new nethostfs PC server v2.1. Make sure you've updated the nethostfs PC server.
- Enhance UMD/ISO game compatibility via nethostfs MAX mode. Most previous failed games will probably work.
- Usbhostfs & nethostfs host redirection under XMB has returned.
- The Adhoc PC connection for nethostfs was broken since fw 3.71. This feature has been brought back for PSP Phat.
- Enhance the HTML Plugin (by Dark_AleX) to allow direct launching of flash games with extension SWF.
Special thanks to:
- Osgeld for spending so much effort in resurrecting irshell.org.
- Dark_AleX for the M33 custom firmwares and his assistance to help adding popsloader support.
- Tyranid and other developers in ps2dev.org for creating the pspsdk.
- Osgeld, StoneCut, F34R and other moderators who keep irshell.org running and providing technical support to the community.
- All iR Shell beta testers, donators, skins & plugin contributors.
- M33 Custom firmware & popsloader are developed by Dark_AleX/M33.
- remotejoy & usbhostfs are developed by Tyranid.
- iR Shell bundled skins & plugins are developed by their corresponding authors.
- iR Shell Manual & FAQs are written by StoneCut.
iR Shell v4.7
Usbhostfs v1.8 for Windows:
Nethostfs v2.1 for Windows:
Nethostfs v2.1 for Linux:
- Unzip the archive and place the content to the root directory of your memory stick. Make sure to apply the irspatch under ms0:/IRSHELL/PATCH directory for your cooresponding firmware version.
For Technical Supports, pls visit www.irshell.org