Would you like to get all the newest Gaming News from
QJ.NET in your email each day?
Want to learn more about the team who brings you the QJ news?
Read about them now!
This is a discussion on [RELEASE] GameMusicGear_MX v1.0 within the PSP Development Forum forums, part of the PSP Development, Hacks, and Homebrew category; Originally Posted by silmarilion Hi there, you must first add some songs to the playlist by pressing the square button ...
Just a couple things I noticed that might be bugs -- or I could be screwing something up ;)
RSN SNES files don't seem to be recognized. I believe they are currently the most popular format for Snes music right now. I know they are simply compressed SPCs, but it's a pain to change the extension on a thousand files!
The best site I've found for these btw is http://snesmusic.org/
The second thing I've noticed is when I play a sound file the name will change from the standard naming scheme to the older 8.3 dos naming.. for example Super Mario Bros. 2 (1988)(Koji Kondo - Nintendo)(34 Songs)[With SFX].nsf becomes Super Ma~11.nsf.
Not a huge deal, but if it could retain the original name it would be cool.
Thanks and please keep up the great work.
Also, if I could add one other feature I'd love to see (besides MiniUSF N64 music support) I'd like to see a virtual drum feature. I was noticing while switching to the options screen (Select button) it made kind of a cool sounding "chime" over the NES music and I thought it would sound kinda neat to have a drum, snare, and hi-hat to play along with the music. I realize this probably won't happen, but hey, I still think it would be fun :)
Thanks again for making this program. This is by far the best homebrew on the PSP!
Hi there, i have just released version 1.1 please goto the first page for download :).
Maybe i should have created a new thread, sorry about that
Thanks for the new version silmarilion, nice work as usual!
Have you looked into the no reverb in psf bug?
see post 13
thank you!!! :)
[SIZE=3][B]GO! Messenger nickname:[/B][/SIZE] [B][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]yeongene[/COLOR][/B]
WOW! You added the AHX/HVL plugin too!
What an awesome Christmas present! Fantastic! :Punk:
I can't wait to try this - I'll post back soon - THANKS!
really a killer app for psp..but..How can I read lyrics? Where do I put .txt file? In music folder it doesn't work
and .kar files?
Last edited by fendergc; 12-24-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Only txt and lrc formats are supported.
ok, I tried both lrc and txt file and in music or eboot's folder but without good results...
oooooh yeah, now it works :Jump::Jump::Jump: I tried with another song (sweet child of mine) and it's really perfect, thanks a lot
Very nice program with cool features, thanks!
I found a few small bugs (using fw 3.90M33):
- rewind/fast forward do not work on mp3 (it does on flac files, the only other format I tried) [EDIT: it works with in_mad]
- flac files have their name truncated in the playlist (ex: FILENAM~1)
- there was a crash leading to a shutdown. I was playing a FLAC using the terebi skin and playing a flac. Then I changed to the greymax skin. fine. Then I reverted to the therebi skin => PSP shutdown (out of memory ?)
- at some point I had a 48Khz flac with some static in the audio. went to play a mp3 then played the flac again and it was fine
- I had the app freeze playing a 1h 256kbps mp3 at about 5min of the start.
As for new feature, it would be great to have ReplayGain support for formats that support it.
Last edited by bubbleguuum; 12-24-2008 at 04:43 PM.
nice cool feel and look and full of features ...to bad i only have mp3 to try this out ...
thanks and keep it up:Punk:
Hey there. Great program, but I'm having a few issues. Using a PSP Slim, CFW 4.01 M33-2:
- I can't change the default skin. I can browse them and change other settings just fine, but trying to apply a skin always locks up the system. No memory stick access or anything. Letting it sit for a few seconds causes it to shut off.
- After letting a MOD play all the way through, all the files disappeared from the browser (it was only showing folders). I tried clearing the playlist, going back to the root and browsing around a bit, to no avail.
- RC 2.0 allowed me to browse and play files directly from the memory stick without adding them to the playlist (via the square button), but that doesn't work in this version...?
- Some MODs are missing channels/instruments. http://bmf.rustedlogic.net/music/jt_chaos.xm in particular is missing a cowbell and high-pitched sine wave, which should be present from the beginning. Tried tweaking all the in_modplug settings, with no luck. (I can make a recording if necessary, once I find a suitable cable.)
I think that's it. I've made sure to follow all directions to the letter, reinstalled several times, and even tried several memory sticks, with no luck. Any ideas?
I can confirm BMF's 2nd and 4th problems (Blank folders in filebrowser and missing/extremely quiet instruments in certain multichannel mods).
I so far don't know how to reproduce the file browser issue. I was listening to a lot of AHX files until suddenly all I could see in the file browser was folders and no files.
I have some mods that won't play aswell. You can find them at: lavaburn^untergrund^net/files/mods/ (replace ^ with . - stupid forum won't let me post URLs! :Argh:)
- FREETRUE.XM - almost silence
- radix-unreal superhero.xm - can only hear drums
- tigermission.xm - missing melody from start
- nf-anxi.xm - missing a lot
Another minor issue I found is that the oscilloscope (on triangle) only seems to be responding to the left channel (at least when listening to AHX tunes). Perhaps I should test with an MP3 that only produces noise in the left and then right channels to double check...
Investigate the DUMB plugin: dumb^sourceforge^net
It's a more accurate XM/MOD player library than ModPlug and is more faithful to the original FastTracker routines. Have a look and see what you think :)
Thanks again for this awesome program and happy holidays!
Truly amazing application, thank you for your hard work. However, whilst changing the skin of the application and applying it, none of my mp3 files appeared in their respective folders, my layout of music is ms0:\MUSIC\*Albumname\son g.mp3 my system doesnt seem to crash though when this happens. I am using a PSP slim/lite with 5.00M33-4.
Help much appreciated
Edit: I doesn't alwasy do this, just tried again and the mp3 files didn't dissappear....odd
-Browse by Artist/Album/Genre/Playlists menus
-Save playlist function
-Automatically hide file extensions
Otherwise, great app! :Punk:
Hi, thanks everyone for your comments, i'm working on the bugs and will consider to add some of the suggested features in future releases.
By the way, d0pefish i just got dumb working will include in the next release :). Can you check this files and tell me if they are playing correctly. They are in mp3 format.
in_dumb output files
Hi silmarilion :)
That sounds fantastic and spot-on! Is that output recorded from the PSP? Sounds great!
Thankyou so much for taking the time to get this working, I can't wait to try it.
When I get some free time I think I'll try to make a skin for your player.
By the way, I submitted some news to the HivelyTracker site a little while ago, announcing GMG-MX's support for AHX/HVL. My other name online is lavaburn :)
Wow, thanks for that :). And yes the songs were encoded with the app's mp3 encoder. (Wich has some bugs right now but i'm working on it).
And some news: just finished an msx plugin based on msxplug by Brezza (Digital Sound Antiques).
Hi Silmarilion, this app is amazing and thanks for all the time you've put in it. However there are a few bugs in it that don't work on my PSP fat 5.00m33-6
1. I cannot forward or rewind in both GameMusicGear_MX v1.0 and v1.1 using the right and left button or any other button in fact
2. In v.1.1 in the browser folder I cannot see any of my mp3's however in v.1.0 I can.
3. In v.1.0 the left earphone wasn't working with the equalizer which I've heard that has been fixed in v.1.1
Hopefully you can tell me the solution or fix theissue of these bugs.
Thanks a lot
Are you still working on this great program? :)
It's been a little while since we heard from you - everything ok?