I have decided to stop including sources now because they are bloating the size of the file.
PSP Tool is a multi-purpose utility to application which can perform various general management functions on a PlayStation Portable console. This includes:
- Backup and Restore the IdStorage of the PSP
- Check the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or a file located on the Memory Stick
- Check, Backup, Restore and change the battery EEPROM
- Connect various devices through a USB cable
- Create a checksum of the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or an IPL located on the Memory Stick
- Create a variety of different Magic Memory Sticks
- Erase the entire IPL space of the Memory Stick
- Extract the IPL injected on the Memory Stick to a file
- Format the Memory Stick
- Inject a variety of included IPLs or an IPL from a file to the Memory Stick
In this release I made the following changes:
- Added options to create DC3, DC4, DC5, DC7, DC8 or an original 1.50 Update Flasher Magic Memory Sticks (read manual for requirements, same as original installers).
- Added a Memory Stick format function based on Hellcats Pandora Installer.
- The wave colours are now random and customizable (the wave colours can be changed by pressing SQUARE or holding L while pressing square toggles between the flash0 colours and the internal colours).
- Other minor alterations and fixes.
- Fixed crash when attempting to use a flash via USB when run under DC.
- All files (except loaded PRXs) are now stored in a zip archive in the PSAR section of the EBOOT for easy editing.
- Sources are no longer included to reduce file size.
- IdStorage keys are now saved and restored from a single file and the integrity of the file is validated before restoration.
- Added more information to the system information pandels.
Also I only just added the format function last night and I was having a few troubles but I got it working with my 1GB Sony MS and my 4GB SandDisk MS alright but I'm not sure if it completely works so if you end up using that function can you just post a reply of what type of MS you have so I can get an idea of whether or not in works on most Memory Sticks. Thanks.
The latest version can be downloaded from here.