intraFont just got (almost) complete: it can now also render the firmwares own Chinese font. That means, intraFont is now capable of rendering all fonts available in the PSP's firmware!
For Chinese writing you can use simplified Chinese (GBK) or traditional Chinese (Big5), both codepages are available. To clean up the code, I put all the string parsing/conversion stuff into a seperate library. The character code conversion library (libccc) can also be used on its own (if you want to add codepage support to your text application you might find this useful).
Here's the changelog:
- added support for Chinese (gb3s1518.bwfon): now all of the PSPs internal fonts are supported! (thanks to Tong for his help)
- added libccc (my Character Code Conversion library) for string parsing/conversion:
- it currrently supports decoding of UTF-8 and the following codepages: CP437 (US), CP850 (Multilingual Latin I), CP866 (Russian), CP932 (Japanese Shift-JIS), CP936 (Simplified Chinese GBK), CP949 (Korean), CP950 (Traditional Chinese Big5), CP1251 (Cyrillic) and CP1252 (Latin I)
- it's required by intraFont 0.30+ (simply add libccc.o to the OBJS list in your makefile)
- if you don't need any codepages: add -DLIBCCC_NO_CP to the CFLAGS in your makefile, which saves around 140kB of size/memory.
- finally, it can be used independantly from intraFont for your own character conversion needs
Get it here.
Have fun, BenHur