Time for a little RPG battling fun with Battle Arena from the team at http://www.teamsushi.org/
Welcome to Sushi Island. As an aspiring Mage Master, your mission is to collect and train a party of up to 6 low level mages and eventually win the Sushi Island Tournament. Thus rescuing your kingdom from your traitor of a brother.
You start with one of 29 Mage Apprentices and through battles of skill and strength, you can upgrade their experience points, gradually growing stronger and stronger mages until you are ready to enter the tournament for the top prize of the Sushi Cup.
Download battlearena051.zip (10 MB)
Some people have reported that cheat mode becomes enabled by hitting TRIANGLE, so I've made a version which repairs your character if that happens to you.
Here is the new version, with the cheat repair available. If you hit the START button with a character with a cheat enabled during an attack, then that character will be repaired. Sorry for the inconvenience. The triangle cheat mode is only enabled if there is a file called "cheats" in the EBOOT directory, so that should prevent accidental enabling.
battlearena052.zip (10 MB)
Vote for me in Homebrew Idol 2
Change log since Monday's version (version 0.11):
- made cheat repair for accidental cheat mode activation with the START button.
- made the cheat mode only work if you specifically add a "cheats" file.
- changed memory management strategy to involved less churn
- removed duplicated model, by using shared animmesh
- changed allocation/deallocation to reduce memory fragmentation
- fixed minor typos in the last 4 cut scenes
- fixed massive memory leak in Wavefront OBJ loader
- added cheat code to speed testing
- fixed texture on opening sequence to GU_REPEAT instead of GU_CLAMP
- animated chest/crate smashing
- show item in chest/crate
- save game feature disabled if you are in the 1.5 folder.
- fixed getting caught on the chest when it opens
- added in many cut scenes
- new memory leak detected. Sorry. Save often, I guess until I can fix.
- added basic collision detection on the island
- fixed teleport so you never wind up partly inside the building
- tuned the look of the brick house
- rescaled the trees to be a better size, and accomodate collision detection
- roughed in the rest of the cut scenes (should be in the next build)
- roughed in the items menu (should work in the next build hopefully)
- tuned the miss symantics to be fairer
- Fixed crash bug on map screen with too many messages. Now overrides the currently displayed message
- Really fixed the "attacks sometimes do nothing, and no message" problem.
- Turned on screen clearing, since it bothered people to have it off when they
did camera tricks on me.
- Totally revamped the save/load system. Now has inventory saved correctly.
Now loads all party members correctly.
- Fixed the trophy screen when you win tournamnets at the black training
- Added 9 new spell upgrades to level 61
- Now shows the crate count and chest count on screen properly
- Percent complete is now fixed, which should fix the abort save exiting the
- Tuned the particle effects when walking around the island
- Better cut scene player with fixed throne room polygons. Thanks jsharrad
- Fixed: hitting X repeatedly skips doDamage!
- Can now smash crates and chests, and collect what is inside
- There are now 29 spells that your party of mages earn over time, with a scroll
- Each of the six training centres has a distinctive battle style
- Change battle terrain based on place we go to
- Game save format update
- Moved some crates and chests so that they are in better positions
- Teleport once again works as designed, and you are less likely to wind up in a
- Near object detection is fixed again
- Tuned the default difficulty of the battles to be much more interesting
- Now highlights which training centre you should visit next.
Still more to come
- initial release